1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hogmanay alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 12tonowhere, Dec 30, 2010.

1. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do have a few options to do things with some friends, but right now I just feel like I want to be alone...is this sad?

I don't know what it is but I am not in the mood for celebrating, but I cant even be alone at home as my parents will be there and disappearing before midnight would be impossible I wouldnt even be able to hide out in my room...Im at a loss as to what to do...i dont know why I feel this way :frowning2:

2. Miyaga

No, personnel time is important for everyone. I suggest talking with your parents, be honest. Explain to them that you just need a bit of me time and you dont want to be disturbed in your room. Let them know that you are ok, you just need some personnel time to just chill.

3. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont think they would get it and I wouldnt want to spoil NYE for them...argh this is why hate be a people pleaser

4. Miyaga

lol its ok, is anything troubling you in particular? is it possible to brave through it with them and take your personnel time the day after? this way you get alone time and dont take away from them wanting to celebrate with you.

5. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Life is troubling me...Its just not as good as I thought it would be at this moment in time. Not even that is a possability, I have church in the morning and then a dinner with my extended family, which is a pretty big deal. So, if i dont go to my mates Ill be stuck in with my parents, I just cant be arsed pretending everything is grand. its all bollocks...fml

6. Miyaga

hmmmmm, well if you need to take some you time, take a really long shower. I do that sometimes, if i have a really bad day the hot water feels great... plus if i happen shed a tear or two no one can hear over the water. Its a nice break from reality sometimes. :slight_smile:

7. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the advice, I reckon that could be just the ticket. I was going to take a bath just a while ago despite it being like 20 to 3 in the morning here lol

8. Miyaga

of course, also i like to have the lights off, or use like a candle for some dim light. helps me think and such.