1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a friend to talk to......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Banoffee, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Banoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,I'm banoffee from Malaysia. 17 years old.

First,sorry for my broken English :目

Erm......
    I had a boyfriend before when I'm 16. He is the top student of the school. Every girl dreaming about him. But sadly,I'm the third,he got a girlfriend(still). We don't usually talk,just chatted by texting.And I went to his house once,we lost our first kiss,then nothing else.After that, he turned cool to me suddenly. After a month, he texted me that he wanted to break up with me because of his religion(He is a Christian).

I used to have a gay friend before. We are like BFF. He go to gay club usually and he brought me in twice. But I don't like the way he live and he always do something cross the line. And now I don't speak to him anymore just some “Hello” and "Good-bye".

But luckily, I have two fag hag now. But I don't feel like spit out all my mind to them because they're very curious about gay things and ask-non-stop. So I usually just keep it in my mind:frowning2:

And now, I feel like I can't handle it anymore......It's going to explode...I'm still in closet, my mum always said if I'm gay she will going to suicide. Yup,we're very conservative Chinese family. But I'm totally different from my family.

I really need someone to talk to.That's why for this thread. I need a gay friend that I can really spit out my mind without over-cautious:slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for reading this such a boring story about me :frowning2:

2. Miyaga

1. it is not a boring story, it takes a lot of courage to ask for help. (*hug*)(*hug*)

2. I am listening and want to help you out however I can. use this thread to tell me what is troubling you. or if you would like write on my wall, or create an anonymous thread if you are worried about others finding out.

let me know what you want to do, Im here for you ok. (*hug*)

3. Banoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1.Thanks:slight_smile:

2.Ya,I think this thread is fine.:icon_wink

I don't know that do you ever feel it's hard to hide you're gay but I do,specially to my mom...I have no idea when is the best time to tell, maybe I don't have to? My mom always thinks that some day I will leave home and never come back,the fortune teller said so.I'm high school now and I'm planning maybe I will go to UK for studying fashion design. I think that's a good way to do,no need to hide I'm gay. But my mom thinks I should study in Singapore first, at least she can "monitor" me. I think she just afraid that I'll never come back, but that is wrong thought!

4. Miyaga

hmmm, it seems like your mom loves you very much, and you love her just as much. my advice would be to trust your gut. if you think you need to go to the uk to study and to continue developing who you are then that is what you should do. Mom is just being mom, protective of her child, of course she wants to monitor you lol all parents do that. When you get closer to leaving just assure her that you are not running away, that is the school you wan to go to. just make sure you visit :slight_smile:

5. Banoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks!
    This advice really helps me lots!

She always find some ridiculous reason to block me to UK. She said I can't be independent by myself, actually I just back from Hong Kong. I travelled alone! It takes lot courage right?:slight_smile:

I always do things by myself. Because classmates always exclude me. I usually just read my novel when off-hour. People thinks I'm weird, can't stand what I wear when I go out(A little bit "bryanboy" style LOL), use strawberry pattern water bottle(which my mom gifts me), and a comb back hair(Asian don't usually comb back). But it's quite normal in western country right? So......

6. Miyaga

of course thats why im here, anything i can do to help. yea people have crazy hair styles here. It does take a lot of courage but you have it in you I know you do.

7. Banoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow thanks!
    You really light up my day!:slight_smile:

8. Miyaga

thank you, I try to help out in anyway that i can

9. darkestknight

Welcome here. I'm from Malaysia as well. :slight_smile:

I have this similar situation, but I do not have any boyfriends yet.

My mother shuts off her mind about my sexual orientation. She could not accept it. In the end, I leave her opinions alone and did my regular stuff.

When you are working and have an independant life, this could an easier way for you to come out. There is no rush.