1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Elicitra, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Elicitra

im 99.9% that one of my friends is gay and 'likes me' but i dont know what to do about it, i rly like him and we hav known each other for ages so i dont want to ruin our friendship by being to open, just saying 'hey i want to go out with you' is just to strange :/ i dont know what to do :confused:

2. Miyaga

First have you asked him if he is gay? I know you are very sure but has he come out to you? If not that should be your first step. Does he know about your sexuality? sharing this together will definitely bring you closer as friends. Sharing that bond can also lead to more if the feelings are mutual.

Try dropping hints, be more flirtatious and touchy. Introduce to him that you are single interested. You could even mention that you want to be with someone with many similar qualities as him :slight_smile:. Tip toe around the fact, by dropping clues he should pick up on them and hopefully reciprocate them.

Hope this helps, (*hug*) if you need anything else just let me know. (*hug*)

3. echapper

Just as Miyaga said, it depends on your and his out status. Before letting him know that you are interested, make sure he knows that you are bi and is okay with that. Then, don't rush but find a way to ask him, if he's by any chance bi or gay. Usually guys feel more comfortable when asked about being bi (not gay). And if you were right and he is bi/gay, just take some time and see what happens. Later on you can either start dropping hints or be direct and tell him how you feel.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

4. Ridiculous

Does he know you are bisexual? It's unlikely anything will happen if he thinks you are straight.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first step is always letting him know that you're gay. If there's anything more, that'll still be step one .

Lex

6. Elicitra

thanks! i talked to him about it and he is gay :slight_smile: and i told him i would like to be with someone like him, were now together :slight_smile: thanks!

7. Miyaga

Great for you, I am happy to hear that. :slight_smile:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty easy, huh? :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Elicitra

wasn't THAT easy - some more unsaid details but.. it worked out well:slight_smile: