1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know what to do!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GaYmerGuy, Jan 3, 2011.

1. GaYmerGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well Hi I am 15 years old and gay, only my closest friend knows :icon_sad: and in 3 years I will be done school and attending a college in Vancouver, BC (I dont have any family their so it will just be me (!)) but anyways I have only told my one friend because she is Homosexual her-self! I want to tell my parents but I know my mum would be disappointed and my dad would disown me :tears: so I was thinking of staying "In the closet" until I left for Vancouver than just being my gay self. So is that a good idea? or any suggestions?

2. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

What are you the most afraid of(from coming out)?
    And what do you seek from coming out?

I think you should go with what you seek/yearn for the most.=P

3. TheWanderer

Being financial dependent on your parents can put a huge strain on your choice to come out or not. This is where your going to have to weigh your options and go with what feels right.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have decent-to-good evidence that your parents will be actively hostile to your coming-out, it's usually best to wait to do so. Yeah, it'd be great if they were completely accepting, but it's not worth putting your current well-being in jeopardy in the hopes that they'll magically come around. Let your friends (and us!) be your support network until you're in a time and place in your life when you can come out to them without fear of any repercussions.

Lex

5. Jim1454

I'd agree with Lex. Wait for now. If you're going to be attending school in Vancouver, you'll no doubt have friends who are supportive and accepting there. (Canada rocks!) So I'd wait if I were you. Just hang out here to get your dose of gay expression.