1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun Awkward Dad Moment (Minus the Fun part)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Paper Heart, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Paper Heart

So earlier tonight, during the Pretty Little Liars premiere, one of the characters came out to her father, and in this tender moment, my dad buts in and says, "Pshh we'll see how long that lasts." I glared at him and attempted to briefly explain that it is not a phase and the coming out process, yada yada yada but I feel like it didn't sink in. Not to mention that I'm his openly gay son...

2. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I loved the way PLL handled Emily's coming out tonight. Her parents didn't hug her and tell her they were proud of it. They were upset that their dreams for their daughter were changed, and that it was going to take time to get used to.

It was awkward watching it with my homophobe family, but I still liked it and I'm interested to see where how her relationship with her parents develops.

3. Paper Heart

Haha I so agree! I thought it was handled perfectly, not to mention refreshing from other coming outs.