1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I think ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seth381, Jan 5, 2011.

1. seth381

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm still unsure of how to tell my mom I'm gay but today threw a bit of a question at me. While at school she came into my room to check for dirty clothes anyhow she saw three dirty glasses on my desk and said something about it. The thing is I have a bulletin board with pictures of men cut out from magazines and she had to have seen it. Does that mean she might be in denial or is just respecting my privacy.

2. maverick

Unless she said directly, "What's up with all the man candy on your bulletin board?" I wouldn't worry too much about it.

But yeah, she probably knows you're gay and is respecting your privacy. That's the impression I get from what you've written here. Moms are pretty good at being able to tell.

3. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

From an outsider's limited perspective based on the info you gave, I doubt she's in denial. She's probably just respecting your privacy and waiting for you to tell her I bet. Mom's usually know XD

4. seth381

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gonna say she's respecting my privacy but I still have doubts, later after posting this she spoke to my grandfather and a relative is getting married. Anyhow he wondered if I had a date to bring along me. She said to him she thought I might have a girlfriend and she was like is your friend Kati your girlfriend? Because of that it is like okay I mean I said no but still it makes me wonder.

5. xequar

No, she's just playing the game. She fully knows you're gay and is waiting for you to say it.

6. maverick

Yeah, some parents feel the need to bait their kids out, especially if they've suspected for a long time.

7. ArcaneVerse

Yeah moms usually know. Dads are usually clueless. & yea they can sometimes like to play mind games lol.

My mom suspected for years but never brought it up until she accidentally had access to my email and their was forum updates from a gay teen forum, then she decided to talk to me about it. very awkward, but not horrible.

Most likely your mom knows its at least a possibility that your gay and she doesn't have a problem with it and is waiting for you to talk about it. If your not ready to come out though don't worry about it, it should always happen on your time table.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>No, she's just playing the game. She fully knows you're gay and is waiting for you to say it.

This. She's being cool. Thank her for it when you come out. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. maverick

It was actually the opposite in my case. My mom was completely mind-boggled, while my dad, after an initial period of extreme overreaction, was like, "Well, that makes sense." :lol:

10. seth381

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good to know that other people have parents that have played the "game" with them. I guess now I just need to find a time when she is around the house and tell her. Thanks everyone.