1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i didnt want a boyfriend just someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jackryan, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jackryan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is a kid in my homeroom. He is kinda cute and is a little weird but nice. He's like friends with most of my preppie popular friends and i heard a rumor he was gay. I ased ym friend joe and he said "What you got a rush on him?" I said no because i dont. HE asked me y i cared if he was gay. I shrugged my shoulders and said "Curious," The truth is i just want another gay teen to talk to. I feel bad beause my friend kept asking him if he was gay beause he had a friend who had a rush on him. Now the kid wont talk to me. And I feel bad for some reason. What do you think? Did i do something that was mean?

2. ArcaneVerse

No not at all, you didn't do anything wrong or in anyway mean. Your friend however did, he shouldn't have taken your question out of context and even more so he shouldn't have been saying those things to that kid.

But it is easily fixed, first tell your friend why you really wanted to know if the kid was gay or not and then let him know his original actions were not ok, Second go up to the supposedly gay kid and explain the misunderstanding between you and your friend, let him no your not crushing on him, apologise if the situation has made him feel uncomfortable and then use this opportunity to strike up the friendship you wanted in the first place.

Hope this has been of some help =]