1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding out more about myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MMAnick, Jan 6, 2011.

1. MMAnick

Since I've accepted my oreintation i've found out alot about myself. Somethings that I would never guess about myself or even imagin myself doing I realize that I really like doing.

Things such as the fact I use the belive that my attraction to guys was just sexual when in fact I want a boyfriend. And that I find myself feeling more and more "girly," lol, when before I would never and even hate that thought. I like buffing my nails and would most likely put a clear coat of nail polish on them if my dad wouldn't freak. When it comes to sex....I'll just say that I want to bottom. A complete 180 than before.

I feel weird and very different than before. I'm not sure if this is normal or just me. Has anyone else felt anything similuar to this?

2. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes.
    I used to never care about what I was wearing and what my clothes looked like. I used to wear baggy pants and huge tshirts all the time. Now I can't believe what I was thinking to wear all that ugly stuff before. And I keep wanting to buy more jeans.

3. Miyaga

Yes this is normal, as you come out you are freeing yourself fully to the world. You will begin to do things you may have been afraid to in the past. Your personality will begin to fully develop as well. Think of the closet as sort of a cage, you are not free to roam as you please and be who you want to be because you are restricted, since that is beginning to lift you begin to roam. You will eventually settle into yourself later in life.

4. Gaetan

Biggest thing for me was I realized being in the closet was why I was such a pessimist before.

I'm still no optimist, and probably never will be, by I at least don't jump to the worst conclusion in every situation anymore. Maybe...half the time. Y'know, like if you were to look at all situations like a glass half...ah, nevermid.