1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't take it anymore.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bvtsjm116, Oct 12, 2007.

1. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

So, today I'm very very depressed. I can't take all of this anymore. Its not that today was bad, I just have so many regrets for today, and things to make me feel this way. Its just the whole world. Everything. The way my life is. You may not think it would be that bad, like, my mom, but it is. Maybe I am way too weak with dealing with these kind of emotions, as it may be nothing compared to what some people are going through, but, I can't take it. My life is pointless anyways. Honestly, there is nothing to live for. Don't try to tell me there is. There is nothing. Theres nothing I like to do, nothing I enjoy, I have nobody I can really trust, The one person I like I cannot have, most likely, and its not just that. I think its just the emptiness. I need someone who I can totally trust and tell anything to, someone who will lift me up when I am so depressed, but such a person is unrealistic, and totally out of my reach. I don't have many friends, and the ones I have I don't like that much.

I can try to mask this or ignore my depression, but lately, I can't take it. I can ACT happy and like nothing is bothering me, maybe too well... Its not obvious I need help unless I say something. But there is nothing I can do.... nothing... its gonna be like this forever, I swear. Don't tell me it'll get better, everyone does/will, and its not realistic, it will not.

I hate the way I am. I hate myself. Why do I have to be the way I am (I'm not referring just to being gay)...

Anyways, the point is, I've been thinking lately a lot about suicide. Its just... my whole life... its pointless and empty, and I CANNOT take it much longer! I'm slowly dying away emotionally, and I just cannot take this feeling. Its making me feel like hell. I just wanna break down and cry, which I am sort of right now. How much more of this can I tolerate? Death would end all this pain. Who cares if its an unconscious nothingness? better than this life.

The problem is, if there is a God, suicide will supposedly make me go to Hell. Also, I don't know what would happen if I died. Like, what happens after death. Will it be worse than this? Or most likely better.

The thing is, I am thinking mostly of just dying rather than suicide. I don't think I could get myself to kill myself, and plus I know no way and have like no resources, so how am I supposed to do so rather than jab myself with a knife. It might be better than living, but I'm really thinking of just how I hope somehow I die, just somehow my life will end, but its not likely to happen itself... >_< I don't know what to do. The thing is, if somehow, I had a choice to magically end it painlessly, right now, I'd have to say no, probably, I would not do it at this exact moment but I'd need to think it over a bit, it would depend what happened after this, which I do not know. But part of me would say yes. If this could all just be over. A vast nothingness, no feelings, no emotions, nothing, is way better than this. My life is not good, never will be, why even bother living it. What is 65 more years of life compared to eternity? why not just die now, who cares if it does get better in years, its too much pain to bear. All life, or mine at least, is, is pain, things I don't enjoy, and my least favorite thing is living this life.

Its just, I cannot take it anymore!!!

I'm sorry for having posted this here, but I needed to just let it all out. I've been avoiding this on EC since I think its really not my thing to post here, but I can't take it anymore.... I just can't.... My life is horrible... why live it?

>_< I feel terrible for posting this here, sorry guys, I see Angel's topic was closed basically about this, close mine if you want. I needed to let it out so badly.

2. Jim1454

I'm really sorry you're having a hard time right now. I wish I could help.

Life is hard, and for some it's a lot harder than it is for others.

I don't know how old you are, but assuming that you're in your teens, you really have no idea where life is going to take you. You're world is really small right now compared to how big it gets when you go to university, or move out, or get a job, or move to a different city, etc.

That doesn't help you right now though. Telling someone that you feel that way might help you feel better right now. Tell your parents, or doctor, or counsellor at school, or crisis hot line, or friend, or relative, or teacher. If life is already unbearable, doing that wouldn't make it worse, would it? Tell one (or all) of those people that you are feeling really down, and that you need some help.

I really don't think we're intended to try and make it through life all by ourselves. We need other people, and other people need us, to help along the way.

I have felt the way you have. But I already had a therapist that I liked and trusted, and the morning that I wanted to end it all, I called him. And I went to his office. And he took me to the hospital to speak to a crisis counsellor. And I saw my own family doctor. And I started taking some medication. And I continued with my addiction therapy and recovery program. And things did get better. And life didn't seem so dark and lonely. And I occassionally would 'stumble and fall'. But I had people around me that I had engaged to help and support me, and that's what they did. And life got better. And then, when I least expected it, and wasn't even looking, I 'found' someone new. And I love them. And they love me. And I feel like the luckiest guy around!

And all this can happen to you too - but only if you're alive. All bets are off if you're dead.

Why not see what happens tomorrow? PM if you want to talk more.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Don't let your life get you down.There will always be something that will get you down,and it will either pass through time,or you can make it pass,so you can go on to enjoy the things you enjoy.If you think you need help and wish to seek it,then get it.
    I really wish you weren't in pain,for I can't stand to see or hear of anybody hurting.If I could,I would take it away.(*hug*)
    I hope you can get through this,or go to someone to help you with it.

4. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    dont be up set. every one at EC likes you and every thing we get better for you!!! i have bad times also some times . im sure things will get better for you(*hug*)

5. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sorry you're going through so much...

Ultimately life is about finding the strength to deal with difficult situations. It's about managing your thoughts so you don't constantly add to your own difficulties. Depression isn't caused by the difficulties we endure- it's caused by our reaction to those difficulties.

You're wrong when you say there's nobody you can totally trust. You're wrong when you say there's nobody you can talk to. The secret is in trusting yourself- in being the kind of person that you can admire and respect. It begins with you. You can always talk with yourself. The reason you don't like your friends is because you don't like yourself.

You said your life is pointless. What would change that? What if you worked harder in school? What if you developed your artistic or musical talents? What if you became a source of help for your family instead of causing them constant concern? Are you capable of changing some of your habits & negative thought patterns? Then make it so!

The more you say your life is empty, the more you brainwash yourself into believing it. What would make your life empty? That you don't have one specific person to talk with and love you right at this moment? That's where you're at today but why in the world would you believe it won't change if you make the effort to change it?

You're worth fighting for! But it begins with you. God loves you but you've got to start loving yourself. Love yourself whether you're gay or depressed or alone. Those are just things about you. You're much bigger than any of that.

Hey look- it's easier to quit than it is to muster the energy and courage to face up to all of this. But I don't think for a moment that you need an easy way out like suicide or early death. Struggle builds character. It increases understanding. It builds strength and wisdom.

Change your self talk from I can't to I can! Stop being so concerned with yourself. Think about other people, about going out of your way for them. Get a dog and treat him like his happiness is more important than your own. You've got to get outside of yourself.

You also may need medication (or different medication) to get you back on track!

Your death would end every possibility there could be for you. You would never read another great book, listen to a great CD, enjoy another sunset, discover the magic of making a relationship work, or find out that indeed- you can take it.

Good luck and all the best!

Tim

6. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Mate,

All the others have said what I would say. If the life you want doesn't come to you, you go to it. We can all do that. It's just that sometimes you need a helping hand. But nobody can help you if you don't seek that help by telling someone how you feel - Doctor, close family member - anybody that can steer you in the right direction. We all need help as some stage of our life. No one can do it alone - least of all you.

Talk to someone, get the help you need. Those that have been through what you're going through say it gets better. It will for you - but you can't do it on your own.

Please don't do anything stupid. Those that you leave behind will suffer for ever. People that DO love you. I know you don't want that.

Hopefully, speak to you later on AIM.

Be strong.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Everything you've mentioned there is how i feel =/

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

hey take this from me. i've been to hell in back on this topic and i'm still here aren't i?

suicide doesn't make your problems go away. it makes you die. like really die. dead. i was looking through the cards at this one store and i came upon the 'sympothy' section. i pretended that i had killed myself and i was a relative/friend of me looking for a sympothly card to send. i was like which cards would they pick.

i could only look so long before my eye teared up and i had to walk away. sometimes when you think death in the answer we are only seeking to end out current problems and thinking that eternal blackness would be good. but when you die you can't go back. you can't say well it looks like everything is better i want to go back. no. you die. they find your body. they cry and freak. they call the police or ambulance. they take your body to a funeral home. they make you look good. they display your body. relaitve and friends and people you didn't know cared about you gather. they send cards and cry. they hold each other. those closet to you can barely contain themselves. there is the funeral. no need to say furthere. they deal with your body. then your parents and guardians deal out your stuff. they clean out your locker.

but its not over. first holiday comes there is reminising. and every single holiday every single year. every christmas, birthday, deathday, ect. they think of what you would be doing, they have memorial services. they cry. everytime your family member walks by your room, your friends pass you locker and glance at it thinking of you standing there, they cry.

why would you want to cause all of this trouble and all of this grief? just so you can sleep? you can't just turn your back on all this. and just think of the progress you have taken. from a baby, to a todler, to a kid, to a teen. why would you go through all of those trials and good times just to end your life now?

and it can get so much better! there are things to live for. getting married, moving out, new friends, new good memories. yes there will be harm times to, but thats life. and how can you know good times apart if you only had good.
    and plus its the trials that make you a stronger, tougher, more unique person! you really can get through this!

maybe you just need some therapy and meds for a chemical inbalance. or maybe its just a lot of bad days that will soon be changing.

please just for me and your friends here at EC even if you can't do it for anyone else or even yourself. just keep pushing on. you are a strong person. you CAN do this. giving up will never get youb anywhere. trying will. and it would be so selfish to cause all that pain to those who DO love you.

Please feel free to PM ANYTIME. or AIM or MSN or anything. i will be there for you. i'm not suicidal any longer. even if i'm still depressed. i'm fighting. just like i know you can.
    lots and lots of (*hug*) 's
    -Morgan

9. SpikySpice

Like evryone said above, you have to get used to life, it's life, and not only you feel depressed, we all do, there are even people who feel worse than you do, but the important thing is to pick yourself up when you fall

If you are in your teenage years, it's a horrible time. You got weird feelings and emotiosn every second, and the thought of dying maybe oon your mind all the time

Ok, if you dont wnat me to say everything will be better or you will feel better, i just want to say, be strong, if life wnats to step on you, step on it, if life is tough, be tougher than it. Everyone was borned to be unsatisfied, to feel pain, but dont let life pull you down. Life is not fair, but you are the one who make it fair

And dont be to hard on yourslef, just tell people ho you feel. I know that you dont trust anyone, but, is'nt it better to tell someone how you feel?

And dont die, if you dont knwo how it feels like after death, and dieing is not the answer. If you die, you will miss lots if good thing in life, and you can not do things you wanna do, i know you feel depressed but that dosnet mean you dont ahve goals. Good thinsg maynot be here yet, but that dosent mean they wont be here forever, you just have to keep on living, becaus ethat is what you were borned for. Life is like a rope consisting of 2 little ropes, one is good;uck, one is badluck, if only badluck happens, then it is against the rule

I hoep you feel better, i dont knwo what else to say, but be strong please, to overcome the bad moments,

#9 SpikySpice, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  10. Louise

I feel really bad for you at the moment. Please believe me that every single person who has answered you here and probably many who haven't yet have been where you are at the moment and survived.

When you are in a dark and lonely place knowing that things might eventually get better in a indetermined future is not a lot of help but as Tim said "Depression isn't caused by the difficulties we endure- it's caused by our reaction to those difficulties." Take a good look at yourself and see if there is some way, even a tiny way, that you could change your reaction to something. Try to find something positive in a situation and hang on to that, don't look at the bad stuff.

You need help, you can't hope to go through all this on your own. I suggest that you go and see your family doctor and explain that you are having a really hard time of things and feel upset, lonely and depressed and even admit that you have suicidal thoughts because this is the only solution you see. You don't need to bring up your sexuality, lot's of teenagers have a really rough time of it. Your doctor will either be able to refer you for councelling or give you some medication to get you through the worst of these moments.

I don't have the solution for you, just know that you are not alone. Suicide is NOT the solution, that I can tell you. I do really believe the saying 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. Hang on in there, I won't say that things will get better but the darkness will pass eventually. On day your life will be filled with light, love and happiness but you are probably one of the people who have to traverse the cold, dark, lonely times before you get there. (&&&)

There will always be people here on EC to listen and talk to you. You are not alone, please believe me. :kiss:

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

All i can say is we're here for U :slight_smile: