1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Little Online Dating FAILURE!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mystery, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Mystery

When I first signed up for an EC account I was in the midst of a "Crush on my straight best friend" crisis (Kind of sort of almost passed it) it was kind of using my sanity as a squeeze toy so I decided I needed to talk to somebody to get my mind off of the whole situation in general. I can't go to any of my friends or family because I'm not out to any of them and am certainly NOT ready to be yet (someday soon, but not now). I decided to go onto an online dating service. I didn't put a picture up of myself and clearly outlined in the little spiel you're supposed to post about yourself that I wasn't looking for a hook up or a one night stand. All I wanted was friendship and someone to talk to and we'd go from there. I've never done the online dating scene before so I had no idea what to expect but it defiantly did not take long for my profile to attract attention but all I was getting were interest notifications from icky old men who were in their 60s. Sorry but it was really creepy. The only person that was kind of close to the age bracket I was looking for stated in his own profile that all he was looking for was a one night stand as he was only in the city for the night (classy eh?) but anyways, I was ready to delete the account and forget about the whole thing all together when this guy who lives like 45 min away sends me an Interest notification. I looked at his profile and he is basically looking for the same thing I am. He has a picture with his account and he's really good looking so I sent him a notification back and thought that my luck in this area of my life had turned around. Then he sends me a message but there's a problem. THE STUPID SITE WON'T LET ME SEE THE FREAKIN MESSAGE UNLESS I UPGRADE THE ACCOUNT AND PAY 30 BUCKS TO DO SO.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: So there is no way to communicate with him. I don't even know his last name. All I know is his first name, City he lives in, and his age and that he's good looking. I don't know what to do. There is no way of giving him my e-mail address without broadcasting it to him and all the creepy old dudes on there. What Should I do?:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Create a new e-mail address specifically for this and, when he sends you the e-mail, give him your real contact information.

Also, be careful!

3. Mystery

Did not think of that lol. Thank You

4. titaniumCloset

Steve is smart, lol

5. straal1972

you could try to find him on FB with the info you have. Try to google his profile handle. Lots of times people will use the same handle on different sites and/or forums. But Steve's answer is one of the best ones.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like he said just be careful, meet in a public place at first

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have said, meet in public. The photo doesn't mean anything until you see the person attached to it. If you don't feel comfortable with him after fifteen minutes or so, cut it short.

Lex