1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bipolar?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheRoof, Jan 10, 2011.

1. TheRoof

So sometimes I feel like I'm a completely crazy freak.
    Like, my mood and feelings about certain stuff change rapidly and constantly.
    For instance, I would feel this rush of hope and optimism that I'll find my soulmate and live happily ever after. Then the next day, I would suddenly feel like a total crap and self-pity myself that I'll live and die alone miserably.
    I would feel very confident of how I look, feel sexy...etc then all the sudden, I suddenly feel very insecure and ugly.
    I would think that this one life I live is precious and I'll do whatever I want to. Next moment, I would feel pessimistic about life in general and feel doomed somehow.
    I would feel very social and chatty and flirty; next moment, I would feel anti-social and feel like being left alone.

Am I bipolar or what? This is driving me nuts!!:help::bang::bang:

2. Mogget

Bi-polar disorder is characterized by periods of depression, which you certainly are experiencing, and mania, which I'm uncertain about. These periods tend to last at least several days, sometimes longer. Mania is extremely high energy accompanied by strong feelings and impulses. Many people feel happy during mania, but some people simply get angry or aggressive. I'm not sure your happy periods are intense enough to be mania, at least from your description.

That said, I think talking to a psychologist or psychiatrist would be a very good idea. You're definitely experiencing depression, which needs to be treated regardless of whether you're also experiencing mania.

3. Danielle

Danielle Guest

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Thats how I feel a lot of the times!.... It frecking swaucks

*sigh* I always see peoples status saying " Today was fun !" " This year was so amazing bla bla bla"

But I only get excited only for a short period of time... I haven't felt excited in a days time for a looooong time.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

It sounds like you're possibly bipolar, although no one can confirm it except a doctor.

If you truly would like to know, see a psychiatrist.

6. Darkwing65

Yeah, i suggest talking to a professorial if you would really like to know or think something may be wrong. I'm pretty sure that the fluctuations between manic and depressive aren't as sporadic and frequent as you describe. What i can remember from my Abnormal Psychology class is that people with Bi-polar disorder tend to stay in either state for longer periods of times; could be weeks, could be months, or more. As for borderline personality, that ones a little harder to diagnose. Usually people with this tend feel as if others are frequently out to get them or harm them. But hey, i've got a degree in Political Science and Religious Studies, so i may not be your best recourse.

7. johny5000

That used to happen to me, I guess it's something normal, but if you really think it is a problem you should see a psychologist or a counselor.
    I believe it happened to me cuz I'm not really that confident so whenever I felt great, whenever I had hope or big ideas or whatever, almost anything (no matter how tiny it might have been) would bring me down, This is probably your case too, maybe you're just very sensitive, you just have to take things less personally, enjoy even the smallest things, relax. Life is great!

8. TheRoof

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll go see a psychologist or a therapist. I've been wanting to see one for quite some time but delayed because I feel uncomfortable about seeing a shrink but what do I have to lose...

9. Danielle

Danielle Guest

That is the best thing to do, we can only speculate what may be wrong and they can identify may be wrong and treat what is wrong.