1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Steve712, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody of whom I know has ever had a crush on me and not regretted it afterward. The people who did have crushes (though they claimed to have not known what they were thinking) were mostly girls anyhow. It's always me who tries for the guys; I've never had a guy compliment me or ask me on a date. I just realised this moments ago. Now I feel decidedly shitty, to be honest. Why don't people find me attractive? :icon_sad:

2. ArcaneVerse

I haven't known anyone that has found me attractive or has had a crush on me or asked me out or hit on me. Now that could be that no one has or it could just be I never noticed or was never told etc.

I'm sure plenty of people find you attractive, they just haven't outwardly expressed it. I'd spend more time working to be confident about yourself then spending time worrying about how others perceive you because you cant really change how others see you but you can change how you see you, plus you will feel much better in the long run. =]

3. knight of ni

I know its easier said than done (I've been in your situation before) but try not to worry about it. Before I came out, as far as I know the only person who had a crush on me was a girl: I know this because she told me. And for a long time, I was always the one thinking about other guys, and nobody was thinking about me. Or so I thought.

It turns out that a few guys were thinking about me, I just didn't know about it. Then, entirely unexpectedly, a guy asked me out. A bit later, another guy did... my current boyfriend. So don't think that just because you don't know about anyone liking you that nobody does. I promise that you are the perfect guy for someone out there.

Likewise, somebody thinks you're attractive. And it probably won't be what you expect, either. I think my worst feature is my ears, which are too big and stick out. But what does my boyfriend adore? My ears. Go figure.

Basically, just because you aren't having much luck doesn't mean you should stop playing the game. Giving up only guarantees a negative outcome. Chin up!

4. Mogget

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your avatar picture is you, you aren't unattractive.

5. ToTheCeilingFan

I've liked three different girls so far--they've all been really great people and I've found them very attractive. But I am yet to tell a girl that she's gorgeous, or ask a girl out, simply because I'm terrified. Don't assume it's you. You look pretty good for a guy :wink:.

6. ANightDude

Rules of the internet.

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I normally have the mentality of caring about what I think rather than worry over the opinions of strangers. It's just that I go into these short bouts of depression-like behviour (which I suspect might actually be recurring depressions, since it's been happening for years at varying intensities). I'm fairly certain that some good old therapy would improve it, but my parents can't afford it and the government provided therapists for youth have around a six mointh waiting list. I'm feeling pretty good about myself at the moment. We'll see what happens this evening. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Nobody of whom I know has ever had a crush on me and not regretted it afterward.

Well, that makes sense when it comes to the females, but what about the guys? WHY did they regret it afterwards?

I can count the number of people who admitted they had a crush on me on the fingers of my left hand. That's after close to three decades of being in the game. Some people are blessed with "God he's hot" good looks that can stop a gay man or straight woman from fifty paces. They're in the massive minority. The rest of us are stuck winning people over with our personalities. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. straal1972

How true lex.

10. jonny

I'd tap that. Give urself a break man, ur a cutie! Just let love in ur trying too hard. <3

11. Bryan90

I know right?!

But seriously, you're only 16, it's not everyday that guys go proclaiming that they're having crushes on other guys!

Perhaps be a little more self-confident and a little more patient? And there's really no point having the world have a crush on you when you're not interested in them. It's the quality not quantity. And experience says that one has to really wait (or be very lucky) for quality.

12. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

No worries man! I mean, don't we all regret having a crush on the person we liked at some point? I know I've regretted being with people, not for them but for the state I was in. It's entirely possible that that is what the people meant, but, you're a cute guy. Don't sweat it. :slight_smile:

13. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

I don't think I have ever told a guy " I have a crush on you"...
    I think crushes are just that... "crushes" lol secret desires, for something that at times it is out of our reach. =P

14. InaRut

You know what I'm always the aggresor to towards my crushes.

But I just assumed it's part of my personality...VERRRYYY Outgoing. When I do get hit on I'm usually turned off.

I don't know, I guess what I'm trying to say, if you are use to being the aggresor then don't expect you to get many flirtatious results when you reverse the roles. I think it's all in people's personality.

:-/

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your 16 the trail by fire that is high school is NOT the place to be testing your attractiveness factor.

A. the kids there are ONLY looking for physical attractivenss
    B. the kids there wouldn't date someone lower on the social totem pole then them.

Its not right and its not fair, but things change.
    If it makes you feel any better the only girl who had a crush on me in High School was the creepy girl who used to drink her own blood, no I'm not kidding