1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keepin' My Cool?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thedreamwatch, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Okay. A little background story here...

I'm in the wave pool (you know, where every ten minutes they turn on the thing that makes waves in the pool...) and I'm holding my own okay. I was not drowning even though the waves had just been turned on. Then, I look to my right and the prettiest girl smiled at me. Just as I was trying to process anything except her cute bikini clad self, I take a wave to the face and choke. And she probably for sure saw that. Can you say embarrassing?

I'm not normally a shy person who loses their sh*t when somebody smiles... How do I learn to keep my cool and not act like a total loser in front of girls? Any tips?

(and yes, you are allowed to laugh at that story...I did. it was not one of my shining moments in life...lol)

2. Darkwing65

Breath, sometimes we forget. Awesome story btw, that sorta stuff happens to the best of us.

3. TheWanderer

One of the best things I realized to do is what you have already done, laugh at yourself. It doesn't have to be a public laugh just a chuckle to yourself. Since I started doing this I don't seem to get stressed by the stupid shit that happens to everyone.

4. If that's all I really need, I should be okay. Or at the very least amused. I love to laugh at myself and my life. Keeps me sane.