1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Jan 18, 2011.

1. dudethere

Hey EC so I find myself in need of some support and Advice. I came out about 2 years ago in grade 8. When I came out I was messing around with this boy who is a yeear older than me. Well when this boy found out I was gay he decided that the only way he couldn't be gay was to beat me up and become a bully.

Well he tried but never was able to. My parents would always tell the principle and he would stop. So than when I went to high school, the fear grew stronger. However nothing happened. I was able to make great friends, become apart of our small LGBT community and even get a boyfriend. Unfortunatly me and him split up but have now become friends again.

Well today I am home sick, and when I woke up to check my phone there were several messages warning me about the boy I used to mess around with. He apparently wants to kill me.

On a semi-good side he is terrified of my ex. So inorder to be safe I would have to spend a lot of time with my ex who is currently with someone else. He and I are flirtaous to say the least and I don't know what is scarier, the idea of being bullied or being around my ex who I could easily fall back in love with :|

2. Mr.Pushover

The simple answer would be to tell your parents.
    (But since every teenager I know would go to their parents last....)
    You should either tell your counselor, teacher, hell, tell your ex. Either way, you know, this is textbook harassment

3. x2x2x2x2y2

^This.

4. Darkwing65

I'm sorry man. Challenge him to a knife fight.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTNBRs7Ccs[/YOUTUBE]

But seriously, you should let other people know about this; Parents, School Officials, someone with authority. So if he does try something it doesn't seem random and sudden. Sounds like this guy needs some counciling. Has he ever acted on these threats? Would you say he's unstable? Living in fear is unacceptable. Something must be done.

5. midwestblues

What exactly does "messing around with" entail?

6. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

As an individual you should not be forced to be around someone due to threats, talk to you friends, your ex, parents, etc...
    And yes, he does seem to be in need of medical attention.

7. dudethere

Now, I have gotten a lot of false threats from this guy so I am going to play it by ear and find out how bad it is. I really think he will calm down soon and move on to another kid. I am around a great group of people and they promised me they will protect me.

8. straal1972

Have you had much interaction with this bully lately? From your post it doesn't sound like it. Why is he still carrying a grudge? Maybe he's afraid you'll tell people that the 2 of you messed about before. If that's the case, maybe you could set his mind at ease by assuring him that you "don't kiss and tell", and that you would never do something like that to anyone, even your worst enemy.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who leaves a telephone message threatening to kill you is serious business. Kids need to learn this sort of behavior is not OK.

I would get your parents and the school principal (if you both go to the same school) involved. And someone (either school principal or the police) needs to put the fear of God into him so he knows that threatening you isn't OK and if anything at all happens to you, they will come looking for him first.

In this case, it seems likely he's closeted and probably really got a lot of self-hate going on. So perhaps a combination of a come-to-Jesus about not being a bully and maybe, in a perfect world, if his 'rents would agree to send him to counseling... but the immediate concern is to keep you safe, and I wouldn't count on your friends being able to protect you if the guy is serious about hurting you.