1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone asks the wrong questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wallrose, Jan 18, 2011.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want some to make that one comment, ask that one question, so that I can spill everything.
    Lord knows I can't start a conversation about anything even remotely personal or important. I just really need someone to ask me the questions that need to be asked, go beyond 'Are you alright?'. If only they knew which questions to ask me.

Ah well, what can you do.

2. TheWanderer

no better place to spill everything than here or in the anonymous forums. Unfortunately people just don't know what to ask, only you know what is going on.

So have at it spill your guts nobody here is going to judge you.

3. Miyaga

I agree, let it all out. we are here for you. to support you, give advice, and help you in any way that we can. :slight_smile:.

4. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'd just be repeating myself really. Everything that is bubbling in my head is already up here, somewhere. I just need to start spilling to friends and family, get some help.
    If only I could tell people without using words. Maybe I should start work on a telepathy system, so that people may communicate exactly what they intend to say, without having to find the correct words. Oh if only.
    But what can you do? Life isn't always easy, or even pleasant. I'm feeling a little misanthropic today.

5. Miyaga

you could try writing them a letter, or e-mail first. you could even go as far as telling them to ask you those questions you want them to.

6. TheWanderer

if its face to face interaction you want, go to a school counselor. I see you are 16 so getting professional(private) help is going to be hard without having your parents know. Which in of itself may not be a bad idea.

Pose it to them that you want to talk to someone, and when it gets to the person you feel comfortable with im sure it will be easier to talk to your family about whatever it is you want to discuss.

Your right though life isnt easy but NOBODY should have to do it alone. I wish the best for you and know from someone who has been through it all it will get better.

7. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, I'll be fine, for now. I'm just in a bad mood. It's odd really, I was in a really good mood just a couple of hours ago.
    Just gotta give myself that big kick in the arse, get things rolling, start doing things and making an effort.

8. Miyaga

take as much time as you need, wait until you are ready. :slight_smile:

9. Beachboi92

ok as far as counseling goes at age 16 your parents have no say over wether you can seek counseling. Your psychiatric health is your decision. And i believe there are only certain things the doctor is required to disclose (threats of violence, suicide, law breaking).

But as for the other issue. People can't read your mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: How are they supposed to ask the right question when they have no idea what it is! heck they don't even know if something really serious is bothering you because when they say "are you alright" you probably go "yeah im fine, i just feel bad/other excuse etc etc." I've been where you are and the only person that can change the situation is you. When you hold everything in and constantly rely on other people nothing with go the way you want it. You have to take the risk, the initiative, and speak up.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2011 at 06:16 AM ----------

even if that means dumping everything on this forum that is a start :slight_smile:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As suggested, don't wait for the question. Just start telling them. Your friends presumably don't wait for you to notice something's wrong before telling you what's bugging them. So don't feel you have to, either. :slight_smile:

Lex