1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nowhere

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kari34, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Kari34

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Things suck.
    Im bi and my parents are homophobes.
    I also live in a small town where gay people and such are laughed at and thought of as a devil. My friends dont agree with it and Its just really hard finding a place to fit.
    Double suckery, Im asian. My town is 95% caucasion... No joke. So i already get crap for my squinty eyes and accent. Grahhh! Things are sucking and I dont know what else to do.

2. secretstache09

Hello! Yea I'm pretty sure you know that a lot of us have or still is going through that exact issue. My only advice purely from my experience is to make sure you are at least 90% comfortable with yourself being gay or bisexual. I say 90% and not 100% because sometimes we still have our own doubts about our sexuality and that's ok.

When you can look in the mirror and tell yourself "I like girls" and not feel bad about it, then you should start thinking about telling a person who you are closest to. You will probably have reservations, but if its a person you feel close to, 9/10 times your instinct will be right in telling that person, and they will accept you no matter what. Once you tell your first person, then you will feel awesome and be even more comfortable with yourself.

Now when it comes to parents, I cant really comment on your situation because my mother has never been homophobic and easily accepted me when I told her. But I have aunts and uncles im close to that im scared to tell, and when I tell them, then maybe ill have a better idea with how to deal with those types. Hope this helps your situation a lil bit. I'm pretty sure there are others that can give you even better advice, so good luck!

3. IThinkInCircles

Are you in or on your way to college yet? If you have the bread, try going to school in a bigger city. Small towns just tend to be behind the contemporary social culture. I wouldn't call my hometown big, but I wouldn't call it small either; that's kind of the nice thing about living in a college town.