1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I suffer from jealousy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GlindaRose, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... which until last night I thought was completely unjustified.

Here's a scenario. I have 2 friends, friend A and friend B, and I am crushing on friend B. Originally they were in 2 separate groups and didn't really know each other, but this term they have started to get closer. Which I'm fine with. Was.

Friend A knows about my feelings for friend B but it now feels like she's being an insensitive bitch about it. It's like she's got something with friend B (non-romantic) that I have been trying to get for ages but still haven't got. Because whenever friend A is around it becomes all about those two and I'm the one that gets pushed out.

I know I'm not great socially but I've been trying so hard to make that connection with friend B. It hurts like hell that friend A has jumped right in there and they've made that connection pretty much instantly. And it hurts because this is the one time I thought there was something worth pursuing with friend B but now it feels like it's falling to pieces.

Last night we were at a party. Wherever one of them went the other followed. They were constantly linking arms and dancing together and stuff. But the entire time, friend B pretty much ignored me. She would barely even make eye contact with me.

I feel so miffed and angry and hurt. I'm not sure what to do now... confront friend A? Or keep my silence for peace's sake?

2. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well if I were you I would talk to friend B and see what happens. Either she be interested in you or not. Anyway perhaps talk to Friend A too.

3. Eleanor Rigby

hey (*hug*) I understand how you feel. I've been there too when I was younger. I didn't have much social skills and was very not self-confident. I know it hurts to feel left out, but I doubt any of your friend have don anything wrong here. They happen to click very much, and for young people (especially girls) strong friendship sometimes turned to be very exclusive.
    What you can do about it is to talk to both of them, if possible together, and tell them, as gently as possible that you feel left out when they are together. Because if you don't let them know about how you feel, things are probably not going to change and if you're bottling up these feelings of jealousy and anger, it's likely going to blow on your face the day you'll be so pissed of with them that you're going to say things you're going to regret.
    The other thing that you can do is, seperatly this time, to let friend B know about your love feelings for her. Whether she is going to respond well or not to them, but at least, you'll know where to stand and you won't be mixing up friendship feelings with something else.
    Finaly, maybe you should take this as an opportunity to see some other friends and maybe to distance yourself a bit from B...

(*hug*) Take care, Cécile

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice. I think it's not so much that they have become such good friends, because I like all my friends to get on, but that friend A has managed to get the attention of friend B that I've been striving for far longer. I do accept that neither of them are in the wrong, which is why I haven't said anything yet.

As for telling friend B how I feel about her...somehow I just don't think I'm brave enough. :frowning2: I've never told anyone about my romantic feelings for them before. What if it ruins things? If anything I want to keep at least a strong friendship with friend B, so I'm not sure if anything worthwhile would come of telling her.

Damn this crush...

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I'm sorta going through the same thing right now. Both guys are straight though. They get a long so well, and I sorta barely exist. It's funny 'cause friend A told me, like, two months ago that friend B was kinda annoying, and now they're best friend. They talk to each other at least 6 times a day.

I have feelings for friend A, and he knows it, but obviously it's not gonna go anywhere. I just wish we were better friends but from the way things are going, I'm trying to accept that it's not going to happen. Sucks, but I guess it's not meant to be. But maybe one day I will have a best friend.

I don't really have advice for you, but I can say this: I've told two guys I liked them. Sure, it was weird at first. But they treated me exactly the way they did before. Sometimes in order to get over a person, you need to get a "no". Maybe in your case, she'll even say she likes you. Idk.

No matter what, I wish the best for you. I know how hard it can be with crushes and friends. It's complicated sometimes. And it'll crush you sometimes. But things always get better eventually. :slight_smile: