1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sangelus, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Sangelus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys, I want to know how to deal with a straight crush. I have been crushing on straight guys before but each new guy that I fall for; the heartache hurts me more than the last. Is there anything that I can do break away from this guy. For me, love is so tragic. I'm sure many of you guys had a straight crush so I'm wondering if anyone here can give me advise on how to deal with it.

2. RaRa

Sadly, there is no remedy besides time or just falling for someone else.

Just try to keep yourself distracted with other things, than youll be saying "straight crush who?"

3. Lotty

Give it time, try not to think of him, stay out of his way, go out(somewhere he isn't)

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Focus on the negatives. If you sit near him when he eats, does he chew with his mouth wide open and make sounds like a dying walrus? Does he regularly borrow things and never bring them back? If you don't know him that well, when you see him is he constantly swearing (unless you like that kind of stuff)? Maybe you can find a way to hate the socks he wears or something. Anything besides focusing on what you like about him.

...I should learn to take my own advice... :/

5. zeratul

zeratul Guest

You can't shut yourself out completely you will just bottle it all up. Sometimes you may be just mistaking amicability or "likability" with a crush. Admire his strengths, chastise his failings. Don't take all your feelings seriously or you will just end up in a bottomless pit. If you see strength in a person's quality, normal people would try to make friends I think, and once you become good friends, the foolish feelings will go away. Personal experience, always. If you stare at such people from afar all the time, and mistake likability for romance all the time, you are doomed to be depressed all the time.

6. Happy Vampire

I have the same problem. I fall for straight guys way to much.
    My advise is hang out with girls, they don't bring you heart break. Plus girls can be very suportive. Plus you get to tell them that not all the good ones are gay or else you wouldn't be falling for straight guys.

7. x2x2x2x2y2

^This.

Also, as soon as you feel yourself falling for a straight guy, tell yourself that he's off limits. Try not to let yourself forget this.

Something that I've done is tell them I like them. Of course, they say that they don't like me "in that way". But it helps me get over the crush. By hearing them say no, it sorta snaps me out of my fantasy and makes me realize that I truly don't have a chance.