1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by malachite, Jan 27, 2011.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have a date this Sat. with someone and I'm super duper excited about it, meanwhile my friend wants me to hook up with this other guy. He seems nice but I just don't know him as well as the other guy.
    Problem is: my friend keeps kinda shoving this guy in my face and actting like he's doing me a favor, I want to at least get through Sat. But he just keeps tell me how much better this guy is then one I'm going on the date with.

So, I finally snap and freak out, and tell him to back the fuck off of me and just let live my damn life, and now I feel bad and yad yad, I know he is only trying to help. So there you have it

2. jacobjake23

jacobjake23 Guest

ive never had a gay relationship but in basic relationship advice id say just talk to your friend and say something like, look, i know youre trying to help but this is what i want to do (then maybe say something like, maybe one day us 3 can all got out and i can meet your friend [group setting not personal] ) thats what id think id do.

plus, shit, if youre super duper excited about it, i wouldn't change anything! but a friend is still a friend..

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Jacob, its just some of the stuff he said has got me thinking and if it ruins my first date with this guy I'm gonna be super pissed

4. jacobjake23

jacobjake23 Guest

ah, grab a couple drinks, get your mind relaxed and focused on your date, plus if hes awesome youll probably only be thinking how wrong your friend was