1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MMAnick, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MMAnick

Most night I have nightmares of demons chacing me but the past two nights my dreams have been very different. Instead of demons chacing me I'm actually in hell or on my way to hell. The really strange thing is instead of being scared I feel like I'm supposed to be there.

In the first dream I was being pulled by demons into hell and even though I fought to try and get away I didnt fight hard and eventually let them pull me there.

On the second night I was dreaming that i was a girl (which was weird because I've never dreamed that I was someone else before). In this one I was chacing after a guy and trying to bring him back to hell with me. There were also two different tunnels going to hell. One was in the shap of a normal hole but the second was in the shap of a vagina and i could never ever use that tunnel.

What scared me about these dreams are that while I was "in hell" I was never scared and felt like thats where I was going to be no matter what. Im not sure if that means anything or not but it confusses me even more. What ever I am (gay or bi) I know its not what I'm "suppose" to be and it's tearing me in two peices.

2. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi MMAnick

Just reading your post makes me think that you are having a hard time accepting who you are.Coming out to yourself is difficult but accepting it is just just as difficult and may take a little time.

In your dreams you appear to be getting nearer to your mind accepting that you dont need to fight fight off your attraction to be with males which in your case is showing up as hell,as your dreams have progressed you are no longer pulling away from hell, but actualy getting a feeling of this is where you belong.

Whatever your religious beliefs are,you cannot let things like sinners going to hell etc stop you from being who you are,or more to the point,the way you were born.

In your last sentence you say you are not what you are suppose to be.To me that is what you need to work on,you need to accept that if you are gay then that is what your suppose to be.Once you accept yourself it will become apparant because you will feel more comfortable and want to tell someone.

Good luck with any stuggles you are having.

3. Elven

I find that dreams sometimes seem to be the effect of the mind trying to work out its problems, such as one a long while ago where I sort of dropped in and replaced a panther being circled by a leopard, it ran away but left me being deeply afraid and hunted by the leopard, trying my best to keep eye contact, intimidate and scare it away. A reflection of how at the time I felt paranoid like everyone's eyes were on me, I felt I had to act a certain way or run away from prying eyes lest I be attacked for who I was, having to lie, just having to deny the very implication of being gay to other people was tearing me up inside. Of cource this is all speculation, I could have just watched one too many nature documentaries before bed.

If you want some interpretation then perhaps your dream of being in hell and the knowing that you will always be there, is a reflection of you feeling that who you *really* are is corrupt and no matter what you do, it will always be your downfall. This of cource is not true but that doesn't mean these thoughts and worries should go unsolved, I think the only way you will be able to get past thinking this way is to find an alternative way of thinking. Take a look at your morals, what do *you* personally judge as right as wrong and if you are religious what do *you* personally judge as sinful? If you do feel you are not right then what is it personally about youself that you feel is wrong or would send you to hell?

If you can find what makes you "wrong" just try and see it differently, think it through more. For instance I used to feel that being gay was just against nature and made no sense whatsoever, the vast majority of animals and plants dedicate their lives to the next generation and raising offspring, having a relationship with a man to me seemed the only way to be happy and yet it seemed like such a stupid thing to do. Then I thought it through differently and changed my opinion, we as humans are not always practical, we do what makes us, and those close to us, happy in life, developing our personalities and trying to better the human race and the Earth.

Though some may disagree with me I feel that the very impractabilities of being gay, is what makes us more human, seperates us as people from the other animals, why even care about the gender or general appearence of your partner, if we and the one we love most are happy in life and don't cause anyone else any harm, that should be all that matters. We are hardly a burden and can offer at least as much as anyone else to society.

As for chasing someone else to join you in your hell could be showing that you feel lonely and want someone to share your feelings and worries with or maybe just a partner? And being unable to go down the "Vagina shaped tunnel" may reflect you feeling confident that you are gay and that going down there would be going against who you "really" are.

Likleyhood is I looked waaaay to much into it but hey, hope it helped somehow. I just thought I'd make an effort to enterpret it, disregard it all if it is no help.

4. ccooper0602

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's quite a few schools of thought on dream interpretation. To dream of hell, suggests that you are suffering from a seemingly inescapable situation. You may have placed your decision or course of action into someone else's hand. Alternatively, you may be possessing a guilty conscious, some inner fears or repressed negative feelings. It is time to quit punishing yourself and take it easy for awhile.

5. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

i have had countless wierd dreams but the worst ones that every single person on this earth has experienced is the 'Falling' dream ... The falling dream is when you have a dream and then at some point during that dream you fall from a great height and then wake up just as you hit the ground those dreams shit me up big time i wake up sweating and my heart is pounding those dreams are horrible

6. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Weird dreams usually pass unless your me. Ive only had nightmares since i was 8

7. MMAnick

No you're not the only one. Most nights I'm up till 3am and get up at 8am just so I wont dream because I'm normaly running from demons in my dreams....Thats what makes those dreams so weird and scary after I woke. Instead of running scared from demons I was running into hell and not scared at all.

8. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always seem to get punched in the face when I get those kinds of dreams. Maybe because I'm afraid of somebody not liking me? I'm not sure.

Otherwise my dreams are just random things, though one time I had a dream I was in school, and literally everything was in the perfect place, then the phone next to my bed rang, and the phone in the classroom of my dream rang with it. So weird.

9. Zontar

...so, is this a weird dreams thread? If so, have I got some weird ones for you. I'm a lucid dreamer...have been for five years. Part of lucid dreaming is ensuring you can remember what you dream about in the first place by writing it out straight away when waking. As an interesting side-effect of lucid dreaming, I've discovered I have very surreal and very interesting normal and lucid dreams.

Here's some samples I've pulled from my dream journal:

"There was this little plastic thing that was alive or something. It looked like the numbers "611" as if it were a SpeedFan system tray readout. It took a form of a blue LED at St. Mary's Church and shot fireballs at people."

"We were at the SeaWatch for like a week...I remember how the living area looked; it was like this long big room and had a glossy floor I was able to slide across. I was looking out the window and there was this girl from my old high school staring back at me. She never said anything."

"I'm watching The Price is Right down at nana's house...this crazy guy in a white t-shirt and with some kind of writing on him is in contestant's row and begins by asking Bob Barker if he likes President Obama. Bob replies that "we all do at the Price is Right" and the audience begins to cheer. But this guy goes on a tirade about consumerism and the evils of capitalist economies. He disrupts the show until he is removed by security. Bob makes a remark including the phrase "bastards like him.""

"I was in this school building as part of this video game that strongly resembled Half-Life 2, and I had to plant these "radiation mines" as a sort of last mission. The steps had these serial numbers and "Combine" scratched in handwriting on them. The mines were "left favoring", meaning they worked better if you threw them to the left...At the climax of the dream, I planted the last mine in a stairwell and started to run out of the building when this music started. Everyone was trying to rush out of the building at once. Once I made my way out of the building...I looked behind me and saw something which resembled the Combine citadel from Half-Life 2. At this point, I realized I was dreaming..."

"The movie/video game starts out with Brian and Stewie from Family Guy standing in some sort of facility. The facility has a large US Map on the wall, and a metal grid over it with holes...Stewie turns a switch and blue lasers light up the entire map, going forward and outward through every hole, ostensibly to show some sort of routing system. The map is revealed to be a component of a teleportation system. A route is entered and arrows appear on the map showing where we will be traveling...Stewie walks over to the right of the map and enters some sort of large hole that is blue inside and has a sign...Brian looks at the map and begins to ask where he enters, until he sees where Stewie has already entered. As he is entering, the "camera" or "player" of the dream begins to enter the hole that both Stewie and Brian entered. Firsthand, I experience the way the teleportation system works...it is a very "dragging" and forceful experience and the "camera" just follows the blue line for three seconds through nondescript oblivion..."

"...I was walking through what seemed to be this furry colony: a converted old dormitory where furs walked through and lived and studied there. It was some day where we had to find a furry partner for something, and embarrassingly enough, I was so awesomely bad at finding one, I had to drive around with my parents to find one...to no avail...."

"...I was in a movie from "1997" called "Chimp: The Extra Hard Dumb Secret of Lord (something I can't remember)" It consisted of people living in a feudal community in modern-day China ruled over by an oppressive yet bumbling "king" who tries to harness the power of some ancient thing in order to take over China or something..."

"I was at the McGraw-Hill Building in New York, although in my dream, every floor was taken up by sirius xm. I was in the stairwell and opie and anthony were broadcasting from in the stairwell for some reason, they were griping about it as well and being sarcastic like "isn't it great to be broadcasting from a stairwell? gotta love this company!" There was this little kid who kept coming into their makeshift studio and threatening to fight us. He would punch, kick, and scream at the radio crew and me, but it would never hurt. But if you so much as touched him, he SCREAMED and CRIED!! somewhere along the line, I went downstairs for something...I got lucid..."

"I dreamt I was on board the International Space Station! The main room was this large area where the captain had a small bedroom and bathroom off to the side. It was all decorated and stuff like that, and had windows. I went walking around the station and there were things like a daycare center and everything. The station kept crashing into Earth somehow...and we needed to launch it back up repeatedly. I remember wanting to see the daylight again, and wondering if I was going to make it back home safely on the space shuttle."

10. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I don't get nightmare as dreams. I get them as part of my problem with sleep paralysis which means that between REM sleep state transitions, my entire body is frozen except my eyes, I have limited breathing capabilities, and I see half reality and half terrifying hallucinations. I get this much more in my teenage years but in my 20s it has gone away and only occurs occasionally. Be lucky you dont need to deal with the demons coming to life in your lucid state.

11. MMAnick

When I dream about demons I wake up really fast and still see them in my room untill I'm able to get some type of light on

12. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Then this is a well documented phenomenon in young people and it goes away in time.

Yes, this sort of hallucination is almost always about demons and/or something evil, just wikipedia it.

13. Zontar

I actually spend considerable amounts of time and effort trying to induce that state by various methods such as counting or suggestion...from sleep paralysis, it is extraordinarily effective to induce a lucid dream.

14. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Well then you will find a post I made in the Anonymous Post Secret thread, as anonymous a meditation exercise that you can do to induce it quite easily.

15. Maddoxx

Psychology has different theories about why we dream. I believe dreaming is the brains way of trying to process the impressions, thoughts, problems and so on we face during the day. I wouldn't try to put a deeper meaning on the content of the dream, because the brain has a funny way of working things out and it doesn't have to be clear to you and me what it means.

Someone mentioned falling, I haven't really had a dream where I'm falling and then wake when I hit the ground (those must be scary :/) but I sometimes get the sensation when I'm about to fall asleep that my legs are falling and then my whole body "twitches". From what I've read this is the bodys' way of straighting out the nerves and so in the back/spine.

Oh and I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt I was pregnant, and due to deliver any time. And the baby was turning in my tummy and it's foot was pushing out my upper tummy so I could feel the whole thing through the skin and it kinda hurt. Very very weird. But I don't think this has anything to do with my unconsius trying to tell me I'm pregnant (I hope!!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#15 Maddoxx, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011