1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Definetly Maybe, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Definetly Maybe

So, I act so camp, even though I'm not, as a joke to cover up that I am gay to other people in school. However, recently, I feel as if everyone has come to realise I might actually be gay but, since I joke about it all the time, no one at school seems to have an issue with this, even though I have never accepted it to people (other than very close friends). Everyone jokes around as me being their gay friend or asking me to act camp aswell.

My issue is, very recently I have developed 'feelings' towards a girl, a very close friend and, because I am still in puberty, I don't want to brand myself as gay to everyone because it is bound to change.

Therefore, I'm not sure whether I should comprimise, to come out to everyone as bi, the only problem being that even though a large group of friends are seemingly comfortable with me acting camp and gay, will they still feel as comfortable if it turned out I was bisexual? I mean life is great at the moment, so should I just try and not upset it?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see why you need to come out as anything. Your friends like you for who you are, campy, funny, and all the other things that make you who you are. Are they asking you to declare your sexuality?

If the girl has feelings for you then maybe you two could date and see where it goes. The only negative I see is that if you break up, the close friendship may never recover. :confused:

3. MIJ VI

MIJ VI Guest

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As hard as this might be, maybe try not to label yourself at this point in time. Not putting a label on yourself, will perhaps allow you to feel calmer about following your feelings, trying things or approaching both girls and boys. Explore all of your feelings, and follow what feels right for you. If something feels right or if something doesn't feel right, take a step back and give it some thought. Try to take note of all the feelings you do have, either for a girl or a guy that you meet, and after a while, you will be able to piece things together.

Sexual identities are fluid and they can change over time. If someone asks or if you want to let someone know, you can say: "I'm figuring my sexual identity out, and am not sure about my feelings at the moment."