1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job transfer....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheWanderer, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

S0 there's a new job posting at my work that I wish to speak with my manager about. Career wise I feel as if it is a great move for me that will only be a positive change. It's a new position somewhat related to my current position but on its own something I have never done before. See I work in manufacturing now, and this new position in in Quality. So most of my experience and knowledge is transferable but there are new aspects in Quality that I am new to. Other than that, and despite being a bit nervous of having to actually sit down with my department manager Im actually very excited about this.

Anyhow, Im going for it. By the time I come back on EC tomorrow I will have already entered my bid for this new position. Wish me luck EC'ers hopefully I will have some good news to share soon enough. :thumbsup:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sounds exciting! I think it is great that you are going for it!

About the nervousness, before you go in and talk with the department manager, take a deep breath. During the talk with him, try to sit as comfortably as possible, keeping in mind a good posture, and try to use your breath as a way to calm your nerves down a bit. When you breath slowly and try to 'regulate' your inhalation and exhalations, your body will follow. Remind yourself that you do have your experience that you can highlight during the talk, and the reasons as to why you want/why you think you are the best fit for that position. I'm pretty sure it is going to be fine! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

Sooo? How did things go?