1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acceptance fail.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jacobjake23, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jacobjake23

jacobjake23 Guest

so i have a friend that i consider a brother. we've known eachother literally our whole lives, talked about being eachother best mans etc., we've hardly ever fought and constantly hang out with eachother all the time.

well a couple days ago i was at a real low low and called him. i told him about my childhood and the abuse etc and i told him that i think i may be bisexual or something. he was like 'ha thats cool' but now hes blowing me off and its really bothering me. i mean, the first person i told that i may be this way and it was a fail. talk about buzz kill.

blah.

2. ToTheCeilingFan

The first person I came out to reacted in pretty much the same way. She started avoiding me and now things are really awkward between us. He may just need some time to get used to the idea. Since you guys are close, he's probably confused and wondering why he didn't figure it out on his own or why you didn't tell him sooner. You might need to talk about it together to get rid of some of the awkwardness?

3. jacobjake23

jacobjake23 Guest

but i mean i just told him about the childhood and that ive been thinking about it and why i think i didn't stop the guy. the conversation was more like i was telling him that the way things happened MEANS im atleast bi and then i have these thoughts. i mean he brought up how many girls ive slept with blah blah and he laughed but hes its so annoying, hes the only one now that knows that stuff from my childhood and now he doesn't talk to me. it makes me want to bottle everything up again. this is why i work so much, im always working because it distracts me from all this bullshit

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

You are going to encounter this on your way to going out of the closet. The thing is, tell 10 people, theres going to be 1 or 2 that isnt supportive. Sometimes you will have to live with it.

5. hiam1

hiam1 Guest

dude
    i know you're asking for advice but i totally understand what you mean. i was born and raised a Catholic (still am) so i've always been taught that homosexuality is wrong (not necessarily by my parents though, they're not too against it). and kinda like you im stuck in "limbo" (reminds me of "Inception" so much..haha) ive always labeled myself as bisexual but whenever I'm with a girl I'm happy, but something seems to be missing. And whenever I'm with a guy I get that fulfillment but I find it too weird (not saying it's wrong...i just don't feel comfortable) and that's why i just end up being with no one. like i've talked to a couple of guys before but they just end up quitting on me 'cause i was never willing to like, hold their hands in public and things like that. idk man, sorry i used your thread as a place to vent

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2011 at 02:30 PM ----------

wow i think i even posted this on the wrong thread im sorry lol

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite possible that your friend was more freaked out by the abuse than by the revelation that you're bisexual. Sexual abuse is very, very hard for most anyone, but particularly men, to deal with... they don't know what to say, they don't know how to respond. And there's always the remote possibility (1 in 6) that he himself is an abuse survivor and has never told anyone.

And if the weirdness is about your being gay... just give it a little time. Very common for straight friends to be a bit weirded out. Nearly all cases, they just take a few days to process it, and then are fine with it.