1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kiba123, Oct 17, 2007.

1. kiba123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so, when i was a sophmore, i had a crush on a guy, but didn't know if he was gay. after class one day, i was getting a drink, and he pinched my butt. when i turned around to see who it was, he winked and siled. it is now my seniot year, and i still don't know if he is gay or not. i do not want to ask, becaus ethe last time i did that, it ended really bad :tears: !! how do i know and how can i tell if he has the same feelings??????

2. Tom

Tom Guest

well ur out so no need to worry about being outed, just go up and ask him wud be the easiest way but make sure ur alone, if he says no then well whats the worst tht can ahppen? ppl find out u have a crush on him and thts it

3. SpikySpice

Well, if you think it is that bad then dont ask, because smae thing bad will happen again

Well, sometimes a guy touches another guy without any sexual meaning of it, he just wanna play around and smiles and laughs

4. Bryan

Well, if some guy pinched me on the ass and smiled at me I would definitely think he was gay, but if you arent sure, maybe bring it up in conversation, and try to feel him out, instead of straight up asking.

5. Cloud Nine 5

Actually when guys (at least in this age) do this kind of stuff to someone that might be straight, it's likely they're straight and just playing.

I mean, listen to the advice people are giving you to find out if he's gay... all are subtle (like bringing it up in a conversation) and you don't hear any "pinch his ass and wink". That's now how it goes most of the time so don't get your hopes up but try to find out.

#5 Cloud Nine 5, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  6. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get what ur saying. Sometimes straight guys do the gayest things, its so frustrating.

7. step49x

This probably isn't the best advice, but do you have any other friends that know him? You could always ask what they think about him (i might try a girl first, from my experience they seem to be more knowledgeable than guys).

Also, he hasn't dated any girls, has he?

8. TeeBe

Asking a girl is actually a really good idea- guys tend to tell us "stuff" (*shifty eyes*...yes, that kind of stuff...). But, instead of asking one of your girl friends, what about asking one of his? If he was gay, and out, they would definately be among the first to know. Even if he isn't out, they are probably still the most likely to know.

9. lodiug

Yeah ask his friends...some of them have to know it.

10. step49x

Yes, but would they tell you? If he was completely out, they probably would. If he was still somewhat closeted, though, they might not.

11. jroakwood

i'd say maybe if you said you had a crush on him and thats why you were asking they'd probably keep it a secret for you and would be more likely to tell you if he was or not.
    do you have any mutual friends with this guy? that youre both close to?

12. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    dude...he pinched your butt and winked-smiled at you.

13. nisomer

i think it really depends on the relationship status between the two of you. i mean if you guys arent really friends with each other and he just randomly comes up to pinch your ass, then i would go with yes, he is probably gay (seeing as how you are out and he knows it). if you two are friends on the other hand, he may be just be acting gay like what many straight guys do. if this is the case, i would probably say he is straight, but you could still ask his friends just to be sure.

14. budhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a tough one. Yep, straight guys do pinch other guy's asses, nipples and even grab the balls. That happened to me a lot when I was a kid, teenager and even as a young adult. I had a young straight guy place his electric tooth brush near my crotch a few months ago. It's all just goofing around. Young guys can be very odd.

The only one that confused me is when a guy sat next to me on the school bus and gently put his hand on my inner thigh and looked into my eyes. I was 16. Now that's unusual.

It seems like this guy hasn't done anything else in pursuing you. Maybe you should invite him over to your place for a movie or video games and see how he acts around you.

Crushes can be very hard to deal with. I've been there and still am, but I can't do anything about it.

I hope it goes well for you.