1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is life shitting me?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 12tonowhere, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone, bit of a vent. i am in the the unfortunate position where I know next to no gay people, i also am having a hard time coming to terms with being gay still...

Anyway i recently met two guys (on different occasions) one who said he was bi, no offense to anyone but he certainly came of more gay. Anyway he essentially said that he couldnt imagine having sex before marriage, and as he is to afraid to come out to his parents, he wont ever marry one, so in essence he is pretty much straight...

The other guy I met, it was pretty awkward I met him at a drama thing and he asked me if I was straight *insert mumbling and low talking and general being super awkward*, I never gave him a "straight" answer, anyhoo that following night we were chatting via the wonderful medium of facebook anyway i had said i was going to go to the rugby training the next day, as it turns out he is on the rugby team...so I ask him if what we talked about earlier would be a problem, and he said it might be, and i had to clear about we were talking about me being gay, so he had got it earlier. well turns out he himself has had semo experience with guys, and said his most intense experiences have been with men, however he now considered himself straight and had a girlfriend. On an aside he said also that he does think being gay could cause issues with the rugby team and advised on a dont ask dont tell approach on the matter, as he has never divulged of his past experiences and wouldnt to so due to fear of backlash.

But the point, when I finally meet some people who are essentially gay, Im also counting number 2 as still bi, no way he could still be exclusively straight. it turns out its way messed up. thank you life.

2. RaRa

I expect both to be at the next London gay pride.

What flamers.

3. MIJ VI

MIJ VI Guest

4. 12tonowhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks MIJ I have actually been given some of this information by a counsellor I was seeing but the needs relevant I was always busy :frowning2: dilemas huh

5. MIJ VI

MIJ VI Guest

How about sending those organizations an e-mail or two (to different people in their structures to get them talking about you) saying hi and asking how you can help during the hours that you can spare?

Any feedback you get might yield some traction in aid of meeting more LGBT'ers in your area--something which will have a better chance of happening once they know you exist.

6. knight of ni

Hello,
    Its unfortunate that the only two people who you know are LGBT (you probably know one or more who aren't out to you) are in such circumstances.
    If you want to meet more LGBT people, what people have already suggested is a good idea. You don't mention if you're a student or not, but even if you aren't, it couldn't hurt to send an email to Edinburgh uni's LGBT group, explain your situation, and ask if you could come along to a social event. I can't vouch for how they'd reply, but my last uni had a couple of people who came regularly to LGBT events who weren't students, so it does happen.
    Good luck to you!