1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I felt like they found out I was gay???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WillD, Feb 1, 2011.

1. WillD

I went through school today, first day of the semester, and I heard, "He's gay, he's gay" in the background, but they were referring to the teacher I am sure because the guys behind me were saying, "he's a fag... lmao he's playing poker face". He was playing Ke$ha music as well.

Am I being oversensitive about this, and the girl I sat next to was like, "Good". But rudely, I don't know when I asked her about her day. The guy next to her was saying "he's gay" to her ear.

I just don't want to be outed right now.

And some guy I said hi to was like "hi" but weakly.

Not sure... it was all in last hr.

---
    that's pretty much it.

#1 WillD, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Honestly, I would try not to worry about it quite so quickly. It was just one hour of your first day and if you're not even sure they were talking about you, it means that they probably weren't.

Maybe just get a better feel of everything over the next few days, but for now, try not to freak out (*hug*)

3. Paper Heart

Are you out to anyone? There could be trouble there. Just remember that they may not have been talking about you. The girl could have been in a bitchy mood for all any of us know. And you said you didn't even talk to her? Then she was probably talking to the guy next to her. Maybe another student came out. Maybe they were talking about the teacher. All I've learned in my first day of school is that emotions are generally high. Let it all cool off for a while. Don't sweat the petty things.

4. Just brush it off and move on, I had that happen to me last year. I would hear small comments behind me and in the hallway. I didn't really care, hell I was more worried about my hair.

Just focus on what you're supposed to be doing and try and find someone to befriend that sits near you so you can distract yourself with other things. For me though we were allowed to use our iPods in class, I could always just pop an ear bud in and focus more on the teacher and the music. Hell after a few days or a week, they'll probably have something else to talk about, that's what happened to me.

Just move on, and don't let it distract/haunt you. Who cares what they think anyways right? :slight_smile:

5. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ditto SinsterThougts' post. Don't worry about it. In school, if others had found out, then I'd actually be relieved. That way I don't have to worry about coming out! LOL

It doesn't really matter what others think. Forget about them and focus on the task at hand: School!