1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend might be pregnant

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PeaceLoveJoy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Note the key word might, I've known this friend since we were both little kids and she texts me saying that she might be pregnant and I asked her if maybe it's a hysterical pregnancy and she denied it claiming that she's had the "symptoms" of being pregnant before she thought she was. Okay, I love her to death but I'm really not comfortable with this whole situation, I know, I know there's a 50% chance that she isn't but I'm worried that she is...because she made a stupid choice and I'm really nervous as to how to handle this....I know that is may sound confusing but....:help:

2. In my opinion, right now she NEEDS YOU. She obviously trusts you a great deal to tell you this, if you value your friendship then I think you need to push the uncomfortable feelings aside and stand with her on this. Right now she probably really needs someone to lean on and tell her everything is going to be o.k., and I think you need to be that person. She may have made a stupid choice but remember, it is only a 50% chance after all. Someday you may look back on this and laugh. I hope i helped :slight_smile:

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

As her friend all you need to do is support her. Don't condemn her for a mistake she made, what's done is done. It isn't as though she asked to be pregnant. (or at least it didn't seem that way from your post.) She doesn't need a judge and jury, she needs a friend. She's most likely terrified. Comfort her and let her know you're there for her. Support her and be there for her, there isn't much else you can do.

4. Eleanor Rigby

I'd say the first step would be to actualy make sure that she is pregnant before starting to panick.
    Buy a pregnancy test, stop by at her place and stay with her while she is doing it.
    If it says she's pregnant, urge her to take an appointment at the hospital to get a blood test and make sure she is pregnant. It would be great if you could go with her, especially if she has nobody else to go with.
    If it turns out she really is pregnant, then she will have serious decisions to take. The best thing you can do for her is to stand by her and be supportive whatever decision she will take about her pregnancy.
    I hope it helps a little.
    Take care, Cécile