1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

body hair

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Feb 2, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I am quite a nateraly hairy person with It going EVERYWERE and I am woundering should I shave it all off or keep some or what? I have done nothing to it at all and wild everywere. What should I do?

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what YOU want.

3. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're curious then try out whatever you want. Then if you don't like it you just have to wait a month and it's back to normal.

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I think body hair is desirable in a manly man.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    its what you want, like I'm sure has been said.
    I too am hairy, almost Wookie like. I trim it because I like to keep it somewhat managable. But you know what, having to deal with hair comes with being gay. Most guys understand that

6. EM68

Don't worry about body hair. I am very hairy and used to shave and stuff. After a while it got to be a pain. Now just trim the pubic hair around my groin to keep it neat.

7. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

As was said, it depends on personal preference. I don't particularly care if other people have body hair, for example, but I don't like A LOT. Then again, I'm not all that 'manly' in the first place. I shave most of mine, but I only shave maybe once or twice a month as it's annoying to spend every other day removing hair. I usually do it if I know someone will see parts of my body or may see parts of my body, just in case. There is always a radical solution, however; if you so desire, there is laser surgery to remove hair. It takes a couple treatments, as all hair is obviously not grown in at the same time, but it is supposedly highly effective.
    Also take into consideration that many homosexual men find hair attractive. That again is personal preference.

8. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree except for the back or butt.

9. jimjim

Try different styles, see what you like.
    I like no/minimal hair (apart from on their head of course, I like a nice long hair-do) on everyone I find attractive, on myself I don't really mind, cbf removing it at the moment, if I had to do it to get someone I liked I would though. Your body, your choice (unless you're trying to impress someone)

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remarkably enough, I have heard rumours that straight people have preferences when it comes to hair, too :wink:

But I think it basically comesdown to one or two things
    - Do you mind it yourself? Does it bother you? If no, there's no need to start shaving, cutting or removing. If yes, then it's really not all that hard to start sculpting it into a form more to your own liking, just like you might change (head-)hairstyles every so often.
    - Does your partner mind? If you don't have a partner, then it obviously doesn't matter. and if you do, you could consider going with that or compromising into a form that is pleasing to the both of you. Just never go to the point where you start feeling uncomfortable with your own look.

Myself, I really don't mind how I look (and I find some hair more attractive than a lack of it), so I don't bother with shaving, cutting or waxing. though I don't have a lot of body hair to begin with. Any boyfriends having problems with it will just have to propose amendments themselves :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

It is not a permanent solution.=(
    I dislike body hair on me...but on some guys I find it attractive.
    So personal preference for ya.

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, really up to you what you want. I go with some trimming to keep a little neater looking, but not too short to become itchy. I use a beard trimmer with several length settings which is easy and works great.

13. officialtom

officialtom Guest

I am really hairy too... used to shave parts (upper arms, chest, blah blah blah) but I got tired of it being itchy and getting ingrown hairs. So I've just let it go wild for the last 2-ish years and I don't mind it anymore. It helps that my bf likes it :slight_smile: