1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want To Come Out To My Best Friend...But I dont Know How.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wonderless, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Title says it all and i really feel like i need to tell him :/ help?:help:

2. First off, how does your friend feel about LGBT'ers? If he's cool about it, there's no reason he wouldn't be okay with you being bisexual :slight_smile:

That being said, I don't know if this is always the RIGHT way to do it, but I had to just do it quick, like ripping off a bandaid. I was all, "Erin, I'm gay".

If he's really your best friend, he'll be cool about it and probably be really helpful in supporting you through all of this coming out business.

3. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont know if he is cool with the whole LGTB thing weve never really talked about it....

4. Maybe feel out the situation a little before you tell? Work it into the conversation somehow? Then if he seems okay, you already have a good intro into telling him.

5. volleyren

Indeed, there are usually plenty of topics in the news at any given time that are at least loosely GLBT-related, so it's not hard to work these into the context of a broader discussion to put out your "feelers" on your friend's views. Best case scenario, he's already sympathetic to GLBT'ers, and then you'll have a great lead-in to coming out. If instead he isn't, it's still possible that by seeing a friend such as yourself be committed to equality over time, he could become more understanding... even before you end up coming out. Of course, nothing's ever certain, which is why it's generally a good idea to gauge these scenarios before jumping right into them.

Do keep us here at EC posted, and don't hesitate to reach out for further support or advice. Best of luck!