1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Next Step?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tiredofsleep, Feb 3, 2011.

1. tiredofsleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I finally came out to my first friend a couple days ago, and I'm planning on telling a few more soon, the first was more surprised than I thought she'd be (I don't know how people don't see it sometimes honestly), but nevertheless very supportive and understanding which was great I'm glad I told someone. I have come to terms with myself 100% and I don't see it changing, I'm attracted to men like half the world, big deal right? My goal is to come out to everyone and to be myself and not give a fuck, the sooner the better. I am pretty sure I'm bipolar though, and being that I know right now I'm feeling overly good about things, (the slightly 'high' side) I am legitimately scared of what I might do to myself if things go too far south over this because I literally switch moods a couple times a day sometimes seemingly at random, and sometimes I'm regular. This is the truth, even though I realize this the whole time, I know it sounds, and probably is a little messed up but it is what it is and I can't help it.

I signed up for counceling at my school and went to my first meeting this week, it was pretty awkward/scary, I'm not sure what it will do for me in the end but whatever I'm going to be going weekly it looks like I probably need it idk. I want to just tell everyone I know, but I'm afraid of the negative reactions and loss of people close to me, I'm not sure if I can handle the potential loss of family and friends all days of the week. Right now I am in a very good mood, I know I should not care at all about what others think, I'm just as strong, smart, and good as anyone (lol..), I am not ashamed anymore, I don't feel less of a person, I'm not flawed or anything, I just don't want to be alone, that is the one thing I cannot deal with. I have been overall better since coming out to my friend and new councelor but I just don't know if I will ever have the strength or not to fully come out, I sure as hell don't want to continue living a lie though. So if you know anything inspirational insert here lol...

While I did tell one friend, who was really great and supportive about it, it's not enough for me still. I want to be able to bring a boyfriend over and hang out with friends like any other couple of people, live a good, happy, full life that I am missing out on right now. Another issue with me is meeting other people like me or who are accepting, the couple of openly gay people I know are very feminine and stereotypical, which is fine, but just not me at all really like I just couldn't see myself even being great friends with those people, not because I don't like them or anything, I just don't have much in common with them, that's all. Am I doomed to be lonely or what...? Can anyone else here relate??