1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Came Out To My Best Friend Today....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wonderless, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It didnt turn out too well. :/
    He hasnt talked to me all day he hasnt texted me or called me back yet and im afraid ive lost him as a friend. I dont know what else to do. :help:

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, that's crap of him, wtf!?! How did you tell him? If it was in person, what was his initial response?

I'm really sorry he's being such an asshat (*hug*)

3. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well we were at school and during our 3rd period break i decided to pull him out to the lower level corridor type thing (no one ever really hangs out in the lower level cuz its so dimly lit and it reminds me of a horror movie) and i basically told him that i needed to tell him something and all i did was say "Adam, im bisexual but mostly into girls" and then we stood there in complete awkward silence then he just walked away.

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

One logical reason why this might have happened is that he has a secret crush on you and you just basically told him he has no chance with you because of your orientation. I think you need to go comfort him and tell him that its ok and you will remain best friends.

5. volleyren

Agreed. From the sounds of things, this probably came from out-of-the-blue for him, and he might think that this somehow changes the relationship which exists between you. Just do your best to impress upon him that this isn't the case.

It's also possible he was just in shock. Most people need some time to process these kinds of revelations, especially if they're unexpected. It may take a few days (or even weeks), but if you just keep communicating to him normally, chances are he'll come around sooner than you think. :slight_smile:

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need to be comforting him considering his rude reaction by not replying to you while you're the one who needs the support. You did nothing wrong! You could text or whatever and say that nothing has really changed and you want to be friends still. You could also say how hurt you are by his silence. You were sharing something big with him and I think he's reacting very poorly as a friend. (*hug*)

7. Mogget

You might want to wait a while before panicking. He may just be processing what you told him and could well be totally friendly tomorrow.