1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Befriending/Asking out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Goofy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Goofy

Okay, so I got a crush on this boy and I want to ask him out, but I don't know if he's gay or not. ;-; If he isn't, I just want to be his friend. Well, I guess we are already friends, but it doesn't feel like it 'cause we don't hang out a lot but I want to. But I suck at making friends. :/ I want to talk to him, but nothing good comes to mind to talk about. If I do have something in mind, it's usually a question that can be answered in one reply from him and the conversations over. I get chances to talk to him at PE/Gym and lunch. He's usually standing alone in the same place at lunch everyday, or sometimes he hangs out with his friends, so it feels harder to talk to him when he's with his friends. So, any advice on what I should do? ;-; Sorry if this is hard to understand.

2. Mogget

Approach him when he's alone, if that makes it easier (it would for me!). Then, introduce yourself if you two don't already know each other. If you do, ask him how he is, what classes he's taking, stuff like that. You can even say that you think he's a cool guy you wanna get to know better, if he asks (I wouldn't say it if he doesn't ask). The best thing you can do is listen. If you don't know what to say, let him talk. That's what I do, I leave a void and let others fill it.

3. hplsromantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree, approach him while he's alone, that's the easiest time to start a conversation with anyone. and i know how hard it is to strike up a 1 on 1 conversation with someone you don't know too well, so what might make it easier is to bring along a friend of yours. that way they can fill in if you get too nervous for a second and cant think of what to say next or something.

ask him questions about him, notice something interesting or out of place. it's easy for people to talk about themselves, and it'll feel comfortable for him.