1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashbacks

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by roborama, Feb 7, 2011.

1. roborama

i know i should probably post this anonymously but you know what, people make me be quiet when the only way i can be a surivor not a victim is talking so here i go. so i filed with the police in june about a family member who sexually abused me and had a really rough summer, hospitalized and everything.

so now im in limbo with the court thing and it sucks so bad, especially since it stirred everything up and now all the terrible memories are floating around in my brain. i cant thing right at all.

plus i want to start really dating (prospects! :slight_smile: ) and im really worried ill drag this with me and i dont want to be that way. how can i get my brain back on track?

2. Mogget

(*hug*) This isn't the sort of question we can answer in any meaningful way, I'm afraid, though maybe another survivor will be able to give you some advice. What I advise is that you seek counseling, your state may even provide therapy to abuse survivors at a reduction.

3. Aya McCabre

From living with a survivor I can say that therapy is the way to go but it might take you a while to find someone you feel comfortable opening up to. Keep at it..... and good luck.

4. Airplanes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't really know how to answer your question, but I just wanted to say it probably took a lot of guts to come forward, and I admire you for that! :eusa_clap

5. roborama

ugh been in therapy for forever. its just frustrating, just a bad day i guess. ill be fine tomorrow

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:/ My grandma was sexually abused as a child by her father, and one thing I can say is that the worst thing you can do is keep it hidden from everyone because at the end it will end up hurting you and other people in your life, as was the way for my grandma and her mother about a few weeks ago when they had an argument and my grandma brought up that her father sexually abused her when she was younger which is something my grandma had kept hidden from her for more than 40 years. I'm really happy that you have decided not to keep it all bottled up inside which might be the best way to help your life get back on track.