1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I've been feeling really rebellious and impulsive lately!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Mind Freak

I don't know what's up. Maybe it's something with the weather, maybe the water got contaminated with something, maybe the stars are out of wack. I don't know. But it's extremely odd and out of character for me. I'm normally not particularly rebellious, I'm stubborn, but not rebellious.

Like my patience with people has diminished drastically, in situations I would normally hold my tongue, I say the first thing that comes to mind, and I've gotten kind of spiteful. Not to innocent people but people that insist on tap dancing on my nerves. I just don't care about keeping the peace these days. Lol.

And like I said it's not like me at all... but I kind of like it.

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Are you saying that we should all be more rebellious?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I actually have to force myself to be the bigger person in most situations because by instinct I won't keep the peace if I'm antagonized, I will be spiteful. Like you said, it's not toward innocent people but people who insist on being obnoxious. I don't think it's really rebellion, more of being assertive. You're showing people you won't take their shit, to be blunt.

4. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

I deem people unworthy of patience after I meet them. Usually the people I like to be a smartass to are teachers or someone in authority that is incompetent as shit. Nothing bothers me more when someone believes they're intelligent because of power and having a 'degree.' If you' not intelligent in the first place, having a degree doesn't help you.
    I get tired of teachers acting like they know all about the world and you know nothing, especially when they make mistakes in their areas of teaching. For example, I have this African English teacher who's supposed to be teaching world lit. He is NEVER teaching us world lit, he slips up on his words when he tries to sound smart, and he talks about how he's tired of racism. Have you ever met one of these people? There's like 5 of them at my school.
    Let me tell you, people like that make me despise them. Not that I am racist, but having them always bitch about their 'generations of pain' really gets to me especially when it's not like they were alive for it. Granted I know that most African Americans don't complain about that sort of thing, but gosh... it seems like I always run into the crazies. Being around people like that just drives me even more into a corner where all I can do is rebel... lol
    It's not even and education either, because he went to Burkley or however you spell it. I just think he's almost just a dumbass by nature. I get frustrated easily with unintelligent people, and/or unfairness.
    For example, once we moved up stairs into our new floor for 11th/12th graders and I put my things into a locker one of my friends told me to put it in. Then the principal started talking to everyone and saying we put our things on the wrong side, so I began to move my things.
    The principal says in the most pretentious tone possible, "Excuse me."
    I turned around and said, "What?"
    "It's rude to not acknowledge that you heard what I was saying."
    I almosted facepalmed... "Well, I have two options for you. I can do what you told me to do and move my crap, or I can turn and put on a show for everyone and make them believe I respect you enough to acknowledge you."
    She was speechless. That sort of crap drives me up the fucking wall. The teachers laughed their asses off though because she's one of those really bitchy people who likes to control everyone, and they've never seen her without words to say before.

#4 silvousplait, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  5. xequar

Saying what's on your mind is not a bad thing. This isn't so much out of character as you finally getting to a point where you're sick of holding it back.

Just make sure to remain tactful and civil. Beyond that, honesty really is the best policy, and I'd rather have someone tell me to go to hell then pretend that things are all ok.

6. maverick

I'm trying to be more like this. I like to think of it as "cultivating straightforwardness and fighting passive-aggressive behavior" than rebelling. All you're doing is speaking your mind when otherwise you'd keep your opinion to yourself.

Nice people should say mean things more often, because they've usually developed a level of tact and patience that allows them to get their coldblooded point across without a) pissing off the person they're talking to, or b) succumbing to the urge to physically assault them.