1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In danger of turning into a stalker?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Idonteven, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Idonteven

I went for a walk today and ended up in town. In the shopping mall there was this guy on a stall selling rings and other bits of jewellery (which apparently is good business from what I saw, he sold a lot in a short time) anyway, I instantly thought wow... anyway, I walked past a few times just to look at him. Sad I know.

Anyway, I was waiting to give my mom (for you americans :slight_smile: ) a ride home. Perfect place to wait was right behind him. I caught him looking one time but he looked away as I noticed, he never looked at me again but he did get up and stretch a few times but I guess he was bored.

Anyway, my question is, is it a bad idea and am I in danger of being classed a stalker if I take my sister there tomorrow to check out his stall more closely :lol: I mean, nothing wrong in appreciating beauty right? He's most probably straight so he most likely wouldn't notice.

Oh I haven't had a crush like this in ages, and since my break up I haven't really noticed anyone while out, I see them but don't notice them. Its kind of fun. Maybe its a good step towards getting over my ex. :slight_smile:

2. maverick

I think you're safe. Pretty sure it's still legal to check folks out. :icon_wink

3. Idonteven

I don't like crushing on people all that much, its especially worse when you don't know what they're into. When I was a kid I had loads of crushes and all on people I couldn't have for whatever reason. I kind of think they're bad sometimes. In this case its harmless appreciation of beauty I think, but still, I need to make sure it stays that way. I all too easily fall for people.

Besides, I'm terribly shy and have no idea how to even start a conversation with someone. I rely on the guys I like to start them. I'm not good with small talk even then. Anyone know a good way to start a conversation with a guy on a jewellery stall?

4. roborama

pretend you want to buy something! :slight_smile: at least then you wont look like a creeper and then bring up something trivial

5. Idonteven

I'm terrible at pretending to do anything. I can't act. I'm terrible at thinking of things to talk about. Pretty much useless at the whole first contact thing. I'm also quiet, and I mumble. Its hard to hear what I say apparently.

6. Idonteven

well, he wasn't there today :frowning2: I walked in the rain and everything. oh well :slight_smile: more incentive to shop more I guess. Getting my hair cut tomorrow so another excuse to walk by :slight_smile: