1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg So Angry!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vampyrecat, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Vampyrecat

Okay, so I am an open lesbian, and I've been out for pretty much most of this year. Not everyone knows though still, and usually I don't tell people unless they ask. Nearly all my classmates know though, and none of them have a problem with it.

Today on the bus back to school after Phys Ed, I sat up the back with my friend, who has known for a while and is completely fine about it. There was two guys and all these "plastic" girls sitting around us, but we didn't care.
    one of these guys started mocking my last name (its very long and "foreign" but despite living in a "multicultural" society like australia, it still gets mocked) and of course, it has happened before and I have heard every possible rude and cruel way of twisting it, so nothing they came up with was original.
    I told him this and he just got more and more antagonistic, saying stuff like "I bet you love sucking dick, would you suck mine?" and I was like "No, I would never put a guys dick in my mouth, that's disgusting" and then they grew a brain (a tiny one, but a brain nonetheless) and realised I'm a lesbian.
    And of course, because I'm a lesbian the insults came thick and fast.

ANGRY!
    why the FUCK are country towns so fucking homophobic? its not like I'd even consider any of the sluts down here, so why would they assume that I'd start cracking onto them? grrrr
    Not happy:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: !

2. Louise

Hey I am realy sorry that these sad excuses for human beings are let free to walk the earth but you musn't take it to heart. Yes it is insulting, hurtful and frustrating but you can't change the neaderthal mentality or small minded or brainless people.

All you can do is find a way of dealing with it within yourself. Try to see it for what it is... small minded prejudice or just plain fear coz I bet some of those people mocking are asking themselves the same question about their homosexuality but don't have the balls to admit it even to themselves.

Everybody has their own way of dealing with this sort of abuse, if you need your friends to jump in an help you tell them, your real ones will step in and back you up. This kind of abuse is bullying and they do it often because they outnumber you... very macho!

I can't help much but I will send you a great big :kiss: to cheer you up.

#2 Louise, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  3. waitingsucks

That really sucks. I know what u mean. I think pretty much wherever u go u can't escape the stupid few who will say stuff like that. Don't listento what they say. They didn't even know u were gay when they insulted u soo they would of used anything they could to try to get at you. I hope your friend helped you and it won't happen again because it would suck to come out just to cop heaps of sh** for no reason.

4. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry that you were subjected to such abuse from those idiots. It's a real shame to hear that in such a diverse county, there are still people out there who aren't able to accept other individuals and their differences.

Although I haven't been in the exact same position (as no-one has picked on me for my orientation yet) I have had guys say things like "Are you gonna suck some c*ck tonight, love?" and other demorilising suggestions along that line. I don't know what's more upsetting, the fact that some guys think making lude & degrading comments to women is acceptable & humorous, or that people in general feel it necessary to point out people's differences & twist it into something negative & try to make us feel ashamed of being who we are. But I share your anger and frustration towards those kinds people.

I'm afraid it's hard to escape the superficial mentality of 'plastics' and jocks. There will always be that group of people who will readily criticise and tease without any further thought to anyone else's feelings. Basically, as long as they're keeping their own tiny brains amused with their slow-wit, nothing else matters.

Although I cannot STAND plastics & jocks & avoid being anywhere near them (I'm afraid my own IQ would drop just being in the same vicinity), I pity the fact that they are too scared of judgement themselves, that they will go along living their lives like a flock of sheep. Too scared to express their own individuality in case it doesn't 'fit in' with their group.

So I am truly sorry that you went through that ordeal today. It's quite upsetting if you know you haven't even done anything to provoke their behaviour. But at the end of the day you should be proud that at least you have the strength and courage to be who you are, & not hide behind a mask (or 4 inches of make-up I shoud say!) like they do.