1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoyed and hurt.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pasalacqua, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Pasalacqua

I don't come on here often, I really should, only when I need some help, and you guys always seem to get me pointed in the right direction.

This is gonna be a long one, hope you're in for a long read.

My best friend of three years (for the sake of this, we'll call him 'P') and I graduated last year, and we're both in our first year of college. He's going to a school about five hours away, I stayed here. We don't get to see each other much, just on the breaks he gets to come back. We don't call or Skype much, mostly just text.

Anyway, so about five months ago, he started dating this guy (he will be 'K'). Maybe two weeks ago, a little less, 'K' kinda snapped and broke up with him after having a hard day. 'P' texted me, telling me briefly what happened. I made him elaborate a little more, and it turns into him talking about how he isn't bothered by it at all. He doesn't really care, and is really apathetic toward the whole situation. How he doesn't really even have feelings for 'K' anymore anyway, etc.

So, we don't talk for a couple days, and I check in with him and ask what ever happened between the two of them; I had predicted that 'K' would take it all back and want him back. And I was right. They were back together, and I got a little annoyed and asked him 'Even after all the shit you said to me about not caring about him and not being interested anymore, you're back with him?' He gave me the reason that they have the same exact circle of friends up at the college, and he didn't want to mess that up by having the awkwardness between the two of them while with friends. I told him that was a bad reason to stay, and staying with him will only ultimately make things worse; it's better just to end it quick and painlessly. I was a little bit harsher about it, but I told him it was really up to him, and I'm just giving him how I feel about it.

He calls me a day or two later and tells me that he just broke up with 'K'. He said he was extremely angry, saying things like "You lied to me, how/why would you do that", and 'K' told him he never wanted to talk to him again.

So, it's been about, maybe a week since then, maybe a little less, we're video chatting over Skype. About maybe an hour into it, someone walks in his dorm and kisses him on the cheek, and they walk out of frame. I didn't see the persons face, but I heard them talk and it was 'K's voice. A second after that, he turned off his video, and a few seconds after that, muted his sound, without saying anything to me. He just shut me out. I ended the call and sent him a text message saying something along the lines of "So I thought he said he 'Never wanted to talk to you again'. Also, good try cutting the sound and video, it almost worked."

No response.

I sent him another one asking if he was actually going to respond to me, or if we were going to go through this bullshit again. This bullshit being, him completely ignoring me until I snap on him. We've been through this cycle before.

After about a half hour of nothing, I sort of snapped, well, I did snap, and wrote a long message to him (I'll summarize) saying how I don't care if he's with him, for whatever stupid reason he may have, I don't care. I said how it's ridiculous that he even try to hide that he's still with him to me, I'm supposed to be his best friend. How immature and offensive it is that he even think that was an option, and how sick and tired I am of having to bombard him with text messages to even get a one work response sometimes.

At the end of the message, I told him "until you grow a pair and cut the shit, I don't know if I even want to talk to you. Let me know if that ever happens."

And I've got nothing in response. It's been about an hour.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I've always been there for him. I've always tried to help him. We're closer than anyone else I know, and I mean that sincerely. He's like a brother to me, I love the guy to death but I'm so sick of putting up with his bullshit all the time. I'm feeling like the friendship is becoming one sided.

I can't even begin to tell you how offended I was and still am that he would even try to cover up he and 'K' still being together. I'm so pissed off, and hurt, and upset, and so many other things I can't even describe, but at the same time, I'm also strangely apathetic toward the situation.

I really don't know what to do. I'm terrified he wont respond to me. I'm so afraid of losing him, but at the same time, it sounds like a really good option. I don't know what to do.

---------- Post added 10th Feb 2011 at 02:36 AM ----------

I would really appreciate anything you guys could give me.

2. Beachboi92

well i understand why your upset, and just take a deep breath and relax. Now i'd say you may have been able to handle it a little more tactfully xD but that is beside the point now. One thing is he could have been having sex >_> or something else is going on for him not to answer.

Let it cool down for a day or two then text him and say your sorry for snapping you where just really hurt that he felt like he couldn't trust or confide in you about it and that no matter what decision he makes it is his life and you support it even if you don't agree with it because he is your closest friend and that it got you worked up and you regret the way you phrased that before because you don't want stupid stuff like that to come between your friendship. Of course text that if that is how you feel.

Hope i helped (*hug*)

3. maverick

It sounds like you guys are drifting apart. If I were you, I would let things lie with K for awhile until you both cool off and in the meantime, think about cultivating some quality face time with your friends in immediate proximity.

4. Pasalacqua

Even if he was, there's been plenty of time for him to answer me and he hasn't.
    I usually have to blow up his phone to even get an answer to the simplest of questions.
    It never used to be that way, he says he still cares about me and shit (this has been an ongoing thing, and I've questioned that to him before), but it's seeming like he really, well, doesn't.
    If he's willing to just ignore me and push me to the side, I don't see how he could.

The shit with 'K' doesn't bother me, and I tried to make that clear to him.
    The only part of it that does bother me is that he tried to cover it up and not let me find out they were still together.

5. maverick

Sorry, I totally got confused. I meant to say I think you should let things lie with this friend for awhile, and cultivate other friendships.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>The shit with 'K' doesn't bother me, and I tried to make that clear to him.

Sorry, that's not at all what I read in the first post.

Lex

7. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur. It sounds like there is a little bit of jealousy, but I think it's pretty righteous. If it's true that you have been best friends, then 'K' shouldn't come between you... if you have to blow up his phone just to get an answer, then he's not treating you well. I think you should take 'maverick's advice and start using less energy on that relationship, and start cultivating new, more productive ones.