1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I think I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Makaio1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Makaio1

So there is this guy that goes to the same University as me. The first time I saw him was on a student night out and the moment I saw him, I was immediately attracted to him - but I didn't even know who he was. Completely by surprise, this guy then came up on my facebook under "people you might know" as we have a mutual friend. I probably did the most stupid thing and then added him despite him not knowing who on earth I was. I then felt stupid and felt the need to justify why I added him (WORST DECISION EVER!) so I was like "I saw you in the Union last night blah blah blah" and then he never replied or added me as a friend. I then removed the invitation and ignored it. I went on xmas vacation and thought that would be the time to distract myself but I couldn't stop thinking about him. Once one of my friends told me that he is in her pyschology class with her and that he is also gay, I got really excited and decided to take a leap of faith (if you wanna call it that?!?) and add him again on fb...no reply again. :frowning2:

Exam period came up and my mind was elsewhere. Until just a few days ago where I walked into the campus library and he was sitting there. My heart started pounding and I got butterflys and I didnt know what to do with myself. Now, I can't stop thinking about him - I have never felt this way about anybody before and I really wish that I could get to know him better and that he likes me the same way I like him. He is super cute and I consider myself way out of his league, despite my friends telling me that I should go for it. (but I hardly ever see him which sucks!!) Literally, my heart skips a beat whenever I see him, even if his face comes up on FB under my mutual's friend 'friends' panel. This is so weird to me!!

I have never had a bf or gf before, infact, I haven't done anything with anyone and I don't know how to approach this situation. If I see him, I want to say 'Hi' (at least) to him but I'm worried that he thinks I'm a creep and because of my actions of fb, that he is totally not interested. Okay, so I'm totally infatuated with this guy. What should I do? Any advice people?

:slight_smile:

#1 Makaio1, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>What should I do? Any advice people?

First off, you need to CTFD. :slight_smile:

Next up, if you want absolutely anything to happen, you need to change your mode of thinking. You've already set him up on some sort of pedestal. You've decided that he's a demi-god and you're some hideous beast and that nothing is going to happen between you two, but gee, how can you make something happen? He's not out of your league. NOBODY is out of your league. That doesn't mean that something will necessarily happen between you two, but there's always the chance. You're both a bunch of insecure neuroses bundled up in human skin. That puts you in the same league.

It's perhaps not surprising he didn't add you on FB. I don't add people I don't know (much) on FB, even if we have friends in common. And explaining "I saw you across the way..." definitely wouldn't be much help, as that sort of smacks of stalkerish behavior. :slight_smile: But that's all done now, so eyes forward.

If you want something to happen, you're going to need to approach him. Not in some roundabout, invented-excuse way - that just adds to the stalkerish vibe - but as a fellow human being that you're interested in interacting with. Next time you see him, go talk to him. Say hi. Introduce yourself. "I'm kaiser. I'm friends with (mutual friend). I sort of went out on a limb and sent you a facebook friend request not long ago. I'm sorry if that seemed kind of random, but you seemed kind of nice, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Sorry if that weirded you out or anything."

Of course, you might not feel like you can do that. In which case, I'd say keep working on yourself until you can. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Makaio1

Lex,

Thanks for the reply. I know I need to CTFD haha. I just feel very naive about the whole situation. Your advice was great, now its just time to get a grip and like you said, just see him as another human being that I'm interested in interacting with. I'm a huge believer in fate/everything happens for a reason so I'll let fate just run its course. I've just gotta take it slow and back off from the 'stalker' vibe (biggest mistake of my life, but lets face it, everyone facebook stalks...lol)