1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to friends - trouble :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grey1469, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Grey1469

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, I am in high school, and high school is very hard....especially for a gay teen. Even though only a few people know. But here is what happened. Two people I have problems with, so I will describe both situations. First one...
    This part is in middle school. my best friend I suppose. We hung out together all the time. We would be in pe together, and that's all because he is a grade behind me. He is the kind of guy that like "fits" to me. Lol, if that makes since. He and I talked all the time. On xbox, It would be late, and I would have to go but he would whine about me getting off. He would threaten to cry if I left. So I stayed on the mic with him. And I would fall asleep on the mic, and hopefully not talk in my sleep. But yea. In pe, we would talk alot. On more than one occasion, we would be sittig next to each other, and I would look over, and all of a sudden, I would see a tent forming in his crotch area. He would quickly raise his legs in hopes not to see him. But yea. We told each other our dark secrets from the past. I told him that I had had sex with boys in the past...many boys..and I was surprised when he told me the same thing!! Not only that we have in common, but we also have the same paranoid mom, who we would always joke must have been raised from the same mom, or be twins or something. Same favorite color, food, tv shows, music, sing, etc. But let's just say I fl in love with him when I first met him. So I was not gutsy enough to tell him I was gay myself, so I had my best girl whos a friend(first one I told I was gay, besides my gay relationships before) that she saw me kissing a guy behind the stadiums. He then wasted no time to go home, and get a chat goin with me on Facebook chat. He already knew about my "past experiences" and said stuff like "I thought u stopped doing that" and stuff. Which makes no since. On COUNTLESS occasions, we would be talking, and he would say "let's have sex" out of no where, and of course, I would say "what?" and he would say, "nothing". And when he wanted something, I said "what would u do for it?" and he said " I'll give u a blowjob". I acted like he was kidding, but anyway. I let him borrow some video games, and he would never give them back. He comes over to my house(did before what comes up next) daily, and wouldn't leave. I acted like I wanted him too, but I just loved him so much I couldn't stand him being in my house. I would get horny. But he promises to give my games back, but he doesnt. He even has his own copy of a game he borrowed, and he still neglects to give them back. But let's just say this. Im glad he doesn't give them back. It gives me something to talk with him about. Anyway, one day, I was feeling bad about this. I txted him, told him I want my games back, and I didn't want to talk to him ever again. He got PISSED WITH. A CAPITAL P! Cussed, and txt yelled(e.x. "FINE, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR DAMN GAMES BACK!!!!" and I felt sooooooooo bad. But I'm sure people here know, it's yard to talk to someone u love if u know u can never be with them. So I said, "it's not u. It's just complicated." I wanted to leave it at that, but he just says "r u in love with me?" and I got stunned. Should I say yes, no, idk? But, I Said." Yes. I am." he says he's ok with it, but it would take sometime to get used to it. He acts the same about it. He's so nice and sweet. Anyway. The thig that confuses me, is when I was talkIng to him, and I said "don't u ever get those thoughts about boys?" talking about sex of course, and he says "maybe...." after he knew I was gay. But I just love him so much.
    ***********next one.
    This guy friend of mine, I wouldn't even call him a friend. He would walk by me and say "gre***s gay. And I would just laugh. Haha. But yea. So one day, in the locker room, he walks right up to me and says "are u gay?" and, since my other friend was RIGHT next to me, I just say no. But I hated lyeing to him. It was like being saber. He has the nicest eyes, and he walks and talks gay. So idk if he's gay or not. But anyway, continuing. I got home and txted him immediately. I said that I needed to tell him something. He never responded. Until later that week. He txted "what is is? Sorry, I just checked my messages now" and I lost the "balls" to do it. So I say "nvm. Good morning :slight_smile:" and he says "morning." and I just get a sudden burst of adrenaline. So I just say "I'm gay." he responds "what!?!?" and I say "say what say what? Lol" lol. Idk y, I was very nervous. He says "r u serious?" and I'm like yea. "and he's like, " you are gay? Seriously?" another 4 seriously questions later, he says "shit." that's all. :/ and I just say "yea." so a little later, he says "tell me I never turned you on." and I said, "lol, no." I lied. He has. His eyes r so beautiful. So the next day, we have pe together, he tries soo hard to get me alone. He tells my friend to go do something, and asks me if I was serious. Again!!!! And he told me to look him in the eyes and say "I'm gay" but I didn't. ): I walked away. He followed, and didn't say much. He just asked who else knows, and who he could talk about it with. I say, "a few peope, but please don't talk about it with anyone." he says ok. Then he says " I have 100% respect for you." so when I get home, I txt him "thank you for understanding." and he hasn't resonded since. He avoids me now. We didn't hang out that often anyway, but he still talked to me when we passed. Idk y I told him. Anyway. He just ignores me. We have to pass each other(he goes to videography, I go to woodshop, right down secluded hallway from each other) so its awkward. Here's the thing. In pe, I try to avoid him. We have it together, and our teachers seem to b friends, so they do things together. He was sitting next to his friend and I was walking with m friend. But, of course, my friends friend had to b sitting near him. So m friend walks over to his friend, and idk wat to do. So I just follow. So he(when I say he, I'm talking about the guy who I told and is avoiding me) just gets up, and walks away. This was major blow to my feelings. I don't really care( I'm lyeing, I do care). So I just avoid him. But here's my very confusing part. He talks to me, then avoids me. He'll come up to me, say hey Greyson, and then he'll b like how's it goin? And I'll converse, then, he's gone. Doesnt talk to me for a long time, avoids me, I can see that he looks at me every now and then though. I see him lookin at me. But idk. Later, like couple weeks, later, the process starts again. I'm confused. I know I'm leaving stuff out, I just can't remember it all. So there's that. For now. Help please, thanks :slight_smile:

2. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

These two sound like the guys I deal with every day. They sound as if they are confused; like they don't know what they want, or if they do, the first one doesn't seem to be sure whether or not he really wants it. I am not sure what to do about the second one; a have a guy friend like that who confuses the hell out of me. I have always thought that maybe he's just curious, but who knows?
    The first boy sounds more like he's interested in guys, or at least said he maybe is. If he was sure he didn't like guys, he wouldn't have said maybe. Maybe he likes you, you should probably ask. I loved this boy and I asked if he was gay, he said, "I don't know, maybe...." Then, I asked if he liked me. He didn't answer. Maybe it's just something he's too shy to say, or maybe you should just ask him to try and kiss you or something and see if he likes it. Just ask; he sounds like he would be open to it.
    People in the middle have always confused me. I have always been able to guess who was gay, but I can never guess who is half-and-half or confused. xD

3. Grey1469

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea. I agree. Thanks. I may just ask, but I really don't wanna talk to the 2nd one. It's awkward and weird. Thanks tho :slight_smile:

4. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

I can't say that has specificaly happened to me but from my experience of telling people they will either understand or be comepletely confused because they have not been exposed to gay people. With the second guy, I would just try to talk to him about the avoiding part and ask him what his feelings are about the subject. When i need to do something i really dont want to do, like talking to people about me being gay or like a school presentation, i just tell myself to just do it, and i just do it. I don't know what to say about the first guy except for what has been already said. I hope this helps. :wink:

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

That kinda happened to me when I came out to a friend I have always suspected of being gay( but I didn't like that way) and another guy friend of mine(which once again I wasnt attarcted to), they both stopped talking as much and sometimes felt like they were avoiding me, the second guy probably feels awkward or something when he's with you because maybe he feels like you like him or something :/ and I also have one Bi friend who I came out to but since then we have never really talked.

Have you ever thought that they too could be avoiding you beacause they like you?

6. Grey1469

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, I have never really thought that. But y would they avoid me then? When I like someone, I just hang out with em. Not avoid them.

7. Flyers2011

My ex is a lot like the second guy. The other day I texted my guy friend to tell him about something, and when I got a message from his phone it said "Hey this is [name], I took his phone. I got bored and I wanted to text you lol". So we texted for 20 minutes. Then she avoided me the next day in school.

My suggestion? Give the second guy some time, maybe he's trying to handle it? Or maybe he likes you? But if he does you dont' want to try to force things. Just give him time, don't avoid him, but don't bring anything up about it unless he does.

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Maybe because they can't face the fact that they might be gay and that they might like you more if they stick around :/

9. Grey1469

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's a good way to think about it. Thanks.

10. Flyers2011

You're welcome bro. Let us know how things go. I think you have a good chance of keeping these guys as friends. They just might be dealing with their own thoughts and feelings.