1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update and things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Idonteven, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Idonteven

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42903

^ thats my previous thread.

I don't really know how to start, or have a reason why I'm telling you this except maybe for insight etc. And Yes my week might seem boring to you. Its really the last day that matters.

On Tuesday, I went for a walk to the supermarket for things so I could cook / bake some muffins and cookies. When I got home I thought to myself, no, its such a nice day why waste it in doors. So I put my shopping straight down and went back outside. I didn't have a plan of where to walk, I just let my legs carry me. I turned around for home after about an hour and saw a guy coming towards me. In my head I said to myself, please be cute, please be cute. Well he was. As we went past each other I looked back to see if he was looking at me, and he was. Should I read much into that? I needed the self esteem boost that day. It really was a glorious day.

On Wednesday, I wanted to get out the house, just for a while. So I walked into town. I didn't have a purpose or an anything I wanted to do there, so I just walked around. Thats when I saw cute guy #2. Its one of those moments where you see a guy and take a double look and then some. My heart fluttered a little bit too. That night my feet and body ached but I had a smile on my face.

On Thursday I AGAIN walked into town. It was raining badly, but that didn't stop me or damper my mood. I walked around for a while, did a walk by of the guys shop thing (he wasn't there. My mood declined a little :lol: ), booked a hair cut and walked back home. By the time I got home I looked wetter than I do stepping out of the shower. But Hey, I enjoyed it.

Today, I couldn't of walked into town. I wanted to. I had a hair appointment to get to but my feet wouldn't let me. I have the biggest blister I've ever seen on my heel and its REALLY painful. I got a lift from my sister who complained the whole way about being a taxi and that its really time I got a car blah blah blah. I got there really early and so really bored. I eventually hobbled up to get my hair cut. (yes the guy who does it is gorgeous. He's quiet like me so its hard to have a conversation. Which I love. I hate when they talk to you. He said I should see a doctor. I think he misheard me when I said it was only a blister. Asked something about how did I sprain it. He was too cute to set right.) After that, I knew I had no choice but to take a bus home but I wanted to see that cute guy again (really need to get over his pretty face don't I? I'm pretty sure he's completely straight seeing as how some girl asked him who he's with now and while I didn't catch the name, I'm sure it was a girls. damn.) so I hobbled in agony to the shopping mall. Looking as cute as I can with my hair all nice, I got a look but it lacked the lustfulness I'd have liked from him. :lol:
    After a while of just sitting behind him on a bench getting looks from him every now and then (thinking wth is he doing probably) I decided my foot was rested enough. On my way to my bus stop, I walked past a shop and did a double take. I thought I saw an old friend of mine. I go in to double check and it was her! So After she was done serving customers she comes over to me and helps me find blister plasters. We had a quick catch up since she was still at work. She asked where the hell I went after I just vanished, and that all my old friends still cared and wondered where I was and what I was doing and things. They'd looked me up on facebook but couldn't find me since I don't use it. She asked me to text her my number so she could get in touch and maybe we could go for a coffee next week. I agreed and now I'm home writing this with a smile on my face.

My concern is, I ditched these friends as much as they ditched me a few years ago. Yes its only a coffee and a catch up, she's not exactly inviting me out to do w/e but still. Most of the group is away at college right now and one of the girls who REALLY didn't like me isn't their friend any more. So that's good I guess. Not only that, I lied a bit about what I've been up to for the past year or so. I'm not a good liar simply because I forget my lies, my face often gives me away and I'm way too honest by half. But I couldn't say what I've really been up to. I wanted to seem more interesting like I used to be. :icon_redf

You can always do with another friend right? and maybe it will be how it used to be eventually. She's changed as much as I have so who knows. Besides. I really liked her. She was my best friend once. If she wasn't part of the group and got really busy with her boyfriend we'd have stayed in touch I think.

The most interesting change in my life that I could think about while talking to her briefly was that I'm out. Has it really been that long since we spoke that she didn't know I was gay? wow.

So there has been my week. I've been sleeping early, waking early and just feeling great. If you can class feeling knackered and sore great. Oh and I'm applying for this job that is PERFECT for me! So fingers crossed on that one. Definitely an improvement on last week.

Can I get hugs and words of encouragement and wisdom? ^ :slight_smile:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*) It's great that you had a better week. Good luck with the job application.

3. Eleanor Rigby

(*hug*) I'm happy for you that you've been feeling better. I wouldn't worry too much about that friend. Go to grab a coffee with her, just be yourself and focus on having a nice time :slight_smile:
    And good luck with the job hunting :wink:
    Take care, Cécile