1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psych!, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I've been giving some thought to this, especially since Oct. 11 came around.
    I've been wanting to come out for some time now, but I just end up saying no.
    I'm afraid of what my family will say, especially since I know what they think about homosexuals.
    But when I think of being out, I just feel that it could be easier for me.

I'm not sure of what I can do, so can anyone give me some advice?

If you need to know anything more I can answer any questions.

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i thought u came out alredy so some ppl

3. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Just 2 people over MySpace.
    I'm talking about family and friends here.

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ooooooooo i thought u came out to frends hmmmmmmmm.... well I reckon u shud come out to ur closest frend first

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

r ur parents homofobics?

6. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Very.
    My mom even told me, 'cause we were talking about gay ppl, that I shouldn't even dare to be gay.

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

So's mine they sed gay ppl r crazy n stuff, but i dont care if they dont liek gays neway i werent gonna come out to them

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Mine say being gay is diabolical.

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

diabolical doesnt sound nice.. well like i said u shud come out to ur closests frend then get support fromt hem to come out to the rest

10. SpikySpice

Well, if your parents are too hard on gay people, then dont come out, since you still young, you can wait soemtimes later when you are more independent

11. Psych!

Psych! Guest

How can I find out if my friends won't mind my being gay?
    'Cause for my family, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to wait some time, 'till I don't depend on them.

12. Kibuki kid

:jawdrop: That seems a bit harsh! Im not sure about how you would find out about your friends but you could hint at the topic of homosexuality (in no way that makes them suspicious of you) and see how they react

13. waitingsucks

I haven't come out at all but i no ppl who hav. I suggest asking someone who's out (and friendly) if u know anyone for support/advice. Atm i'm testing the water with my friends to see there tolerance levels. If ur disgusing homosexuality ask them what there stance is or what they'd do if there child was gay. But whoever u come out to first u shuld b really sure. If the persons even slightly homophobic don't come out to them.

oh yea don't tell ur parents anytime soon because it sounds like it will take them along time 2 accept u and ur 2 young to go through that hardship.

14. Psych!

Psych! Guest

That's kind of a problem.
    I don't know any other gay people here.

Some of the people here, I won't even bother to tell because they're the ones that keep saying that gay is bad, lame or w/e.

There's still a few that seem nice enough, but I've never actually brought up the gay topic.

As for my parents, I'm not sure if they could ever understand.
    They're too close minded and stubborn.