1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly left behind..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gothitil, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I don't know what to do anymore. Every time my step-sister (Carla) is over, I get excluded from everything. It makes me feel like a bad person, like my mom doesn't even love me. :frowning2:

Here is what just happened:

I went upstairs to discover an empty house and a note on the kitchen counter that reads:

1. If you don't have enough money to pay for a movie ticket, how do you have money for food?
    2. It's cheaper to take me than Carla (step-sister) because I go to school in this city.
    3. It was my idea to see that movie.

Wow, I feel so loved right now. I don't know what to do..or even if there is anything to do. :frowning2:

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That really sucks, man! I'm sorry they took off on you like that. Ideally you should be able to talk to your mom and tell her how bad this made you feel, but I know that might be hard to do. Maybe there's a more complete explanation that seemed logical to them at the time. I hope you can have a talk or something so this doesn't keep happening because it will only tend to push you away from them and you don't deserve that. We're here for you (*hug*)

3. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

Im speechless.... thats rude of them! I am so sorry that has happened to you, you need to call them out on that, its just not right what they did! Wow i want to cry for you, like mnguy said we're here for you!

4. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:/ that was really rude of them, especially how your mom worded that :/

5. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I'm sorry hon, that really sucks. =\
    big (*hug*)

/agree with mnguy.

6. Zontar

Wow, man. Your mom's a bitch. Sorry, but you don't do that to your kids.

Turnabout is fair play. Maybe next Christmas, you "won't have enough" money to buy her a gift...

Or, if you want to go the more moderate route, sit down and discuss this with her.

7. starfish

I'll tell you what to do. Call them on that shit.

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I think your mother is so happy in her relationship with her husband and her husband's daughter that in her heart there is very little room for you. I think that she treats you as an obligation rather than something joyful to attend to.

9. Eleanor Rigby

Ok, first thing, I am sorry you're hurting and that note your mom left you is indeed poorly worded.
    But from what you said, it seems that your step-sister is not living at home with you, your mother and her dad. Maybe your mother and her dad are making extra efforts when she is there to let her know she is loved and cared about just as much as you are, even if she is not living at home. Maybe they are also trying to get some quality time alone with her for that reason, thinking that you are also having alone time with them when your step sister is not around.
    I think that you may should discuss this with your parents. Let them know how this make you feel rather than accusing them not to love you as much as they love your step sister. Maybe you can say something among the lines : "I know Carla is not here all the time, and I understand that you're trying to show her that you care about her when she is there. But when you leave me notes like this one, I feel like you're not caring about me anymore. I would prefer for you to told me you'd like to have alone time with her for one afternoon rather than blaming it on the money wich makes me feel that you choosed to take her instead of me."
    And maybe you can also suggest family activities that the 4 of you could attend together. That would show your parents that you're not jealous of your sister but that you simply want to feel included.
    I hope that helps.
    Take care, Cécile

10. maverick

Sorry about the note, it is rather rude and I can sympathize. But I think this is a miscommunication caused by your mom's decision to lie to you to spare your feelings (which she did badly). Sounds to me like your Mom just wanted some bonding time with your out-of-the-house sibling, rather than it being a financial issue. Your mom should have just told you she wanted some alone time with Carla, rather than being dishonest about it.

I would talk to your mom instead of getting steadily more upset over the situation by fuming, I doubt that this note means she doesn't love you and unless you tell her it upset you, there's no way for her to know.

In any case, if she didn't love you, she wouldn't leave a note at all.

11. flymetothemoon

I agree with this. I think it is really important for you to sit down and talk to your mom. It's okay to tell her you are angry, and hurt, and upset, or whatever you are feeling. She needs to understand how she made you feel, and maybe she can better explain it so that you aren't feeling like she doesn't love you anymore.