1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my mom knows...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Foxywolf, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Well let me give you some background on what happened when I tried to come out to my mom a while ago. Well long story short a while ago I told her I 'thought' I was gay, she said she loved me still, but was upset. I guess I wasn't ready to come out to her because I was still struggling with it myself, so I couldn't deal with the sad looks she gave me. Anyway I did the cowardly thing and told her I thought it was just a stage and I wasn't really gay. Bad me. Anyway I thought she believed my un-coming out, but maybe not.

Well anyway I was downstairs on my mother's computer and it was logged into her account. Being the curious child I am I decided to check her web history (I know bad me). Anyway in her history I saw that she had searched New Paltz gay friendly. New Paltz is the college that I decided I wanted to go to because it is very gay friendly. It was a little suspicious that I wanted to go to new Paltz all of a sudden I guess, so she was probably trying to get to the bottom of why I wanted to go there. I also saw she had searched a Youtube group I follow called Absolut Colors, they are a group of girls who like girls that give advice. Hmm not sure what to make of this. Are these some sure tale signs that she might suspect that despite my un-coming out I am still a lesbian?

2. flymetothemoon

She might suspect it, or maybe could she have found evidence that you were searching things like that and wanted to check and see what they were?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I think it takes a really delusional parent to believe an "un-coming out". Because frankly, it doesn't happen that often. If somebody gets to the point of approaching their parents and saying "I think I'm gay", they've gotten there after many months of soul-searching and agonizing. It's almost never a "school was fine today, I think I'm gay, what's for dinner?" sort of whimsical thing. So if you got to that point, she's probably thinking there's something behind it.

Given that, it sounds like she's doing everything right. She's not looking for "ex-gay" programs, or how to "turn you". She's checking to see if the college you're interested in is gay-friendly. She's looking to see if there are resources online for you in case you want to talk to somebody. These are all things that a really cool mother would do. So I'd feel pretty good about your spot right now. If you feel like bringing it up to her again, I'd say it sounds like she'd be pretty supportive now. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    100% agree with Lex. She knows, and she's waiting for you to tell her again. I think it will be a complete non-issue :slight_smile:

5. maverick

^ In a nutshell.

6. collegeforfun

7. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

/Agree with Lex.

Good luck, hon. (*hug*)

8. Foxywolf

Haha you are probably all right. She may know. But I don't know if I am ready to discuss it with her quite yet.

9. TheJoker

Actually they are that delusional especially when its about their child :lol: I told my father once there is possiblity that i might be gay and he told me don't think stupid things,they are different, if you think much,you become one.:icon_bigg