1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heterosexual feelings?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Friend, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Friend

Friend Guest

I am a male.

I've been out to all my friends and people I've met for a good two years (even though I've never had a boyfriend). My loudmouth friends probably have already told my loudmouth sister who probably told my mom, and my loudmouth stepmom who I told probably told my grandma.

For a small while, one of my female-friends and I kinda started experimenting. I knew she was straight, and she knew I was gay, and we never had full-on intercourse, but we did things sexually nonetheless.

I've noticed lately that sometimes when I masturbate, I start thinking of girls instead of guys, and it gets me hornier. Sometimes the other way around.

Now, I don't want to proclaim myself bisexual (seeing as I flip-flopped for a couple months and it pissed everyone off) but I don't know what to do.

When I have a level mind (i.e. not swayed by active hormones) I feel homosexual. But sometimes I think about women when I get excited.

I'm pretty sure these episodes will pass, and I can't say that I feel bisexual, but is this normal to anyone else? I know that many heterosexuals sometimes get aroused by homosexual thoughts.

2. 24601

I sometimes feel similarly. I'm much too tired to write up an actual response right now, but you're not alone.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you are bisexual, there is nothing wrong with that. For now, I wouldn't try to label yourself with anything. Just be you. If you are sexually attracted to a girl and you are also emotionally attracted to her, then go for it and see what happens. The same with a guy. I think we place too much emphasis on our labels sometimes.

4. Zec24

I have struggled with this too on some level, not quite as pronounced as you have, but all the same it is confusing. I notice that I can appreciate that there are good looking men out there, and sometimes I'll stare at them for a little while. The thing I'm learning is that even though I might stare, it doesn't mean I want anything more. I still couldn't picture myself with any of them. There is no emotional connection and I am certainly not sexually turned on by any of them in real life.

With certain girls I'll get a feeling or butterflies, or I'll act stupid around them or try to get their attention, none of which I've ever done with guys. I guess that is how I know I'm gay even if I do look at guys sometimes. Its not really sexual, more of admiration.

As to experimenting with anyone, I can't help you there, I've never been with either sex. I'll admit if I am watching a movie and it leads to a sexual scene between heteros I can get a little turned on, but that is probably natural.

Hope this helped a little?

5. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    well are you getting aroused by femals or just the girl(s) you have slept with?
    Are you thinking about their downstairs.their whole body, what?
    If you are having thoughts about sleeping with a girl then you most likely are bi.
    You dont have to "feel" bi to actually be bi.
    I dont "feel bi" but I am.
    How do you feel a sexuality?
    Idk on that but would love the answer.
    Your fine if it passes within about a month.

6. livetolove

Beckyg is right, we think to much about how to label ourselves that some times we let good things slip through our hands because the are not in our group or are part of our cultural distinctions. (&&&) We should embrace all.

7. waitingsucks

If it's anything like my experience with it. It should pass, but I get butterflies with girls and guys but it doesn't mean it's sexual. Many straight people would have strange feelings at some point in their life 2. Even if it's just how u are it is still normal. ALieToDieFor made a great point that your sexuality is necessarily how you feel. but if you still feel the same way in a few months you should look into it a bit more. good luck :slight_smile:

8. Louise

I'm with Becky and Livetolove on this one. If you manage to find someone in this life that you are attracted to and love, and they love you back it doesn't matter if they are male or female, it is the love that matters.

Physical attraction works the same way, if you feel attracted to someone it doesn't really matter if they are male or female. Don't try and resist it in order to avoid sniddy comments from the people around you. You are allowed to change your mind, change it back again and STILL not be sure. That's what life is all about.

Don't restrict your life with a label, let your feelings fall where they may and see what comes of it. As for telling other people, it's not really any of their damn business. Live your life, be happy and a few years down the line when you have experience a few love stories you will be able to look back on these experiences and say 'Yeah I think I really am gay, I like girls but they really don't do it for me', or 'Yeah, I like them both I get something I need from boys and something different but as important from girls'

Life is too short to miss out on fun and happiness because of a label.

9. Bryan

Like said previously, love should know no boundaries, and as long as you like some one go for it. Bi sexuality and bi curiosity are perfectly ok!

10. SpikySpice

Yeah they sya teh only wya to figure out your orientation is the romance oif love, the emotional feelings, if you can fall in love with a man, ur gay, a girl, ur straight, both, your bi

Thje thing is, dont think about it if it bothers you, odnt label yourself, bacause as you say, your thoughs always chnage, so you are unknown about your sexuality, it's good to find out, but not for now, because it will give you a headache, maybe it's just a period, and you'll find out soon enough

11. surfrboykai

it's my personal belief that everyone is bisexual. maybe not enough to actually get fully aroused, or even to the point of actually experimenting, but the thoughts are there. of course, a lot of guys would never admit to having those thoughts, sexual or not, they still have them.

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

yes, i agree surfrboykai. i think that probably most people have some degree of bisexuality but they supress it because it's easier just to be straight. indeed, it's easier to have any clear label, whether it's gay, straight, or bi, but sometimes they just don't fit :icon_sad:

and, as for the original "problem" - i have this too. i have been trying to work things out for a while, but every time i think i have some sort of label for myself i change my mind. on the other hand, i'm not totally comfortable with a "bisexual" label right now either, partly because i'm not sure it would fit, and partly because i think that people would not take me as seriously. but i agree with the others that the main thing is not to get to hung up on it. if you want to think about guys, go for it, or girls, the same. ur not being "disloyal" to ur gayness if u do. what matters here is just u being true to urself. labels like "gay" have no inherent meaning other than the people they're attached to. u should be true to urself, not to what u think ur label ought to mean. if ur a gay guy who sometimes thinks about girls, then great - ur more important than any word. probably if u talked to plenty of other gay guys they would say they had similar ambiguous feelings at times. very few people fit into a neat little box.

being hung up and repressed about ur sexuality is for close-minded straights, ok? if us gays can't fancy who we like, who can? :eusa_danc