1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He saved me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yeahyeah, Feb 21, 2011.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I don't know where to post this but I want to tell you what happened.
    I was so sad last month adn had suicidal thoughts a lot of times. While this period I was chatting with a friend and he made me happy in those chats we had. I mean like I was sad but when I was talking to him I was feeling good. we talked a lot and stuff and finally one day I met him when he came to my state. that day I was so happy, I forgot the sadness and we chat a lot more the next days. Then one day he came again to the state I live and I saw him, we spent the day together. By that time I was so happy that I forgot all the bad things.
    Now he is my boyfriend and I'm so happy with him. I am going to see him this weekend. I'm so excited about it cause last week I didn't see him.
    So, yep I think he saved me. I' so glad I met him :grin:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can do is :slight_smile: for you :slight_smile:

3. VentinIntrovert

Wow... it's like one of those love stories coming true. I always had dreams about saving someone... sigh

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I want to be saved!

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

CONGRATZ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm happy for you

6. straal1972

congrats. that is so nice to hear and so uplifting.

7. EM68

Your stroy made me smile. :grin: Good for you, now live you life! :thumbsup:

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

9. Eleanor Rigby

Well, first thing I am glad that you've met this guy and that he is making you happy. That being said, I think that what you describe of your state of mind from last month, where you were depressed and were having suicidal thoughts, is worrying.
    If you were depressed to the point you seriously thought about taking your own life, I think it would be worth talking about it to a counselor, even if you're not feeling this way anymore.
    That's not that I want to spoil your happiness, but first, the fact you're feeling better now can come from the enthousiasm of your new relationship. That's great that you're feeling this way, but this feeling of exciting novelty won't last forever, even if you're going to be with your boyfriend for a long time (and I hope for you that it will be the case). And it could be even worse if your relationship with your boyfriend doesn't last. If you happen to break up with him, you may have an even harder time for the reason you're feeling that he saved you from yourself.
    You can't relate to anyone else (including a great boyfriend) to save you and be responsible for you happiness. A boyfriend can help you, love you and give you as much support as he can, but he can't be solve your issues instead of you.
    Even if you're in a better place now that you were a month ago, I suggest that you take time to think about what brought those depressed feelings and suicidl thoughts you had to deal with, and if it happens they were coming from issues that you're still having, that you start working on tackling this issues, maybe with the help of a counselor.
    And I am sure that having someone to love and support you while you're doing this is going to be a huge help. That is something I can tell you from experience as I met my husband when I was batteling with depression and was starting to work on it with my therapist. Having him on my side at that moment did help greatly, but he couldn't have done it instead of me.
    Take care, Cécile