1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumped

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by higby442, Feb 26, 2011.

1. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

The last couple weeks were going so well. I met this really great guy and we hit it off from the start. We've been dating, like I said only for two weeks but things went great. He's been going through some tough things recently, and lastnight told me he wasn't ready for a relationship at this point in his life. I cannot say how crushed I felt at that point. I didn't let on that much because I care more about his well being and happiness, and I know what has to happen has to happen. I told him I was glad he was honest and didn't keep it inside.

I just hurts so bad. I've been through a long lonely stretch and these past two weeks were the best weeks I've ever had. The frustrating thing is, and I guess this is common, but I just cant stop thinking about what I may have done wrong....I keep wondering was he just upset at having to break up? Or is he really not ready for a relationship.

Is this normal, or do I need to just snap out of it and move on? I keep trying to tell myself it was a fun time, and that I can move on, but I keep feeling upset and hurt at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Fishken

Fishken Guest

Try to move on as fast as you can, is my advice. Take the whole thing as a learning experience and remember that there is always more fish in the ocean :slight_smile:

also: (*hug*)(*hug*)

3. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

You shouldn't be upset, and if he is lying, then know that he is not worth the time if he would lie to you about that. If he was telling the truth, take comfort knowing that you had a good time and that it was nice while it lasted. Don't worry about it, though, and don't worry about him. Move on ASAP because the longer you focus on him, the more upset you will get. Also; yes, many people do wonder whether or not they did something wrong. It is absolutely normal to reflect back on a relationship after it's over and think about whether or not you did anything wrong.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's totally normal. You might let him know that you'd still be interested if he feels he can get through this stuff, but after that, take some time to mourn the loss. Cry, punch the pillows, listen to bad music. Then get up and get back out there. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Yeah today's been a roller coaster for sure. He's a great guy and I know he's telling the truth. I just hope he's happy and I know this has to happen. I just feel lonely today all over again, and was so glad to have been out of that for a bit.

Oh well, today's goanna be my lazy day and tomorrow's a whole new surprise I'm sure.

Thanks again all

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I think having a lazy day is a good plan. (*hug*)

Can you call one or two friends and hang out with them for a bit? Spending time with friends and not trying to be alone, and having someone that can comfort and be there for you, could help you.

Take your time. As Lex said, let it all out, and after that start picking up the pieces and turn the page.