1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting sick of this...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeautifulStranger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. BeautifulStranger

My best friend is driving me up the wall.
    He has a superiority complex, a I'm-stronger-than-everyone-especially-Tyler-because-a-gay-guy-can't-be-stronger-than-me complex, and a I'm-number-one complex.

Normally I just ignore it, and it's all okay.
    But we were playing Naruto D20 (Dungeons and Dragons version of Naruto, tons o' fun) and due to the mass XP, he caught up level wise. So he was talking about how he wanted a tailed beast (a really scary and strong monster with multiple tails, for those who don't understand) for his summon. Our GM was going to let him do that. My character has the 8-tailed demon sealed inside him, and I said to my friend: Oh, well, my Hachibi (8-tailed snake demon) could kick your summons ass any day.
    This is true simply because he'd have summon a beast with less tails than mine (More tailes = more power. Plus, a sealed demon is stronger than an unsealed demon. The sealed demon gets to draw on his hosts power). He says that it isn't true, and I say with me pulling out all 8 tails it is. He then said that he and his summon would have to kill me. My reply: You'd be dead first.
    To me, this was all fun and games. I didn't know he was taking it so far. He even made a manga reference such as: Naruto (9 tailed) and Gamabunta could barely hold off Shukaku (1 tailed). I killed his argument with a simple answer: Naruto wasn't using any tails.
    Then today I jokingly posted something on the NarutoD20 site about my 8 tails kicking his summons ass. My reply went along the lines of: I find it highly pointless to argue with someone who is one-track-minded.
    I'm freaking pissed right now. He's done this before when he was telling me how stupid I was being for having a crush on Jake Gyllenhaal. He then turned the argument about how I was so close-minded.

Normally I'd confront him, but if I did, everything would come out. Every little thing about how annoyed he makes me, about how he has no room to make fun of people, about how he's really the close-minded person.
    Any advice on this? Ignoring it would not be a healthy choice:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

P.S. I know he doesn't sound like much of a best friend, but me getting this upset at him is a rare thing.

2. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    When someone does something annoying I tell them.
    I didnt use to be this so open about everything but I find it helps me keep my state of mind at its best.
    People may not like that but I dont care its not them Im worried about, its me.

3. xequar

First, don't play anything D20 based. It's just a really bad and broken system. Check out Savage Worlds. It's a great generic system that can handle damn near anything you can throw at it. It's rules light so everything is super fast and fun, too. My gaming group literally converts every non-Whitewolf game to Savage Worlds before we even touch it now.

Second, you should really pull your friend to the side and have a conversation about this. From what you're saying, this conversation will happen either way, and right now, it's a question of when and how much anger/mental/emotional control is involved when it takes place.

4. neverover

tell him to forget u as his frenz and u dnt wanna talk to him nemore... and u want ur way clear from him. so basically, ur both wud b a complete stranger, not enemy, not frenz. itll better b this way. what is the point of having frenz like that? there were like, a zillion better frenz than him

5. lodiug

Well ask him why he's best friends with a gay guy. If he thinks he's way better then you then he shouldn't be your friend. If he still wants to be friends with you then he's just as gay as you. No offense!

6. tired_of_lying411

One of my best friends and I had a huge falling out and didnt talk all summer. It was the best thing that ever happened to us. We're closer now than ever before.

Get it out. Be completely honest. It will get worse before it gets better.
    But if it all works out in the end, the dynamic will be SO much better.

good luck.