1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For once it's a gay guy!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaius, Mar 4, 2011.

1. gaius

gaius Guest

Right, as many of you may already know, I have a penchant for staigh men. This week however I'm having trouble with a gay guy. He flirts all night and makes impossibly suggestive comments about what he wants to to then he goes home randomly and we start the whole charade again the next time. What I wanna ask you is why you think he does this, and do you think he's not interested, which is fine I just want to know.

X

Steve

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

lol maybe u should flirt back with him :grin:

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

From what you said there really isn't much you can tell.

Have you flirted with him? Have you made any "move" on him?

4. Ianthe

Yeah, I'm kind of with them. It sounds like the guy blatantly flirts with you for a few hours until he gives up, and then he leaves. If you haven't responded to the flirting, he probably thinks you aren't interested. If you flirt but never make a move, then really you are both doing the same thing, and one of you should ask the other one out already. Since you are here for me to advise, and he is not, it's going to have to be you.

Actually, what you said about "impossibly suggestive comments" could very easily be a direct proposition on his part. So, you could either take him up on whatever he's offering, or make a counter offer of whatever you would be interested in. He's probably getting frustrated, if he's been as all over you as you describe, and you aren't either rejecting or accepting his advances.

5. gaius

gaius Guest

Right I could have pointed out, "we" should be applied to most of this. I pretty much reciprocate completely and it seems like everything is going well until the end of the night where he goes quiet and just goes home.

6. Ianthe

So.... ask him out? I don't know what else to tell you. At some point, one of you should actually make an explicit move. And it's not a good idea to wait for him to do it. He's given you lots of positive signals. So, go for it already.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I haven't gotten to use this card from the Decks of Lex in forever and ever.

Don't ask us.
    Ask him.

Next time you start with the playful banter, keep it light, but ask. "I really enjoy the repartee, but I gotta ask - do you want something to happen? Because I'm cool if you don't, but I don't want to get the wrong idea."

Lex

8. Connor22

and once again Lex wins another thread.