1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get less shy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StmkBoy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. StmkBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry for overfilling, but i can't see any other way xD

How can someone get less shy when appealing to other men, getting to talk to them, or simply getting "nearer" to them (not only in a spatial view xD). I mean, for example in a bar which is not a gay bar just a normal going out place. i heard of "building up eye contact etc." blah blah, but that's not what i am interested in.

how can i get rid of shyness? a stupid question but a profund effect if there are any answers xD

thanks ^^

2. Jonathan24

Well, you need to be confident with yourself, and when you see a guy you like you could start talking to him and see how the conversation develops. You can sometimes tell by the conversation what his intentions are (and maybe whether he's gay/bi or straight). Anyway, assuming he isn't straight, you can just start a conversation like you would any other person and maybe flirt a little, like complimenting him back handedly or just directly.

Anyway the important thing is not to be afraid and be confident in yourself! :slight_smile:

3. StmkBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    but exactly this not being afraid is my problem xD is it not strange for guys that they take up a conversation when they don't know each other?! xD omgosh... i think i still have to wait xD

too shy xD i'll write a song about it ^^

4. Connor22

take a dep breath and think "whats the worst that could happen" then when you filter through the possibilities decide "yeah well they won't will they?" and go for it! :slight_smile:

5. Dykezz

Yes exactly what Conner22 said. What is the worst that can happen?
    I used to be the exact same way. Then I realized that if I was ever going to change things, I needed to do things differently.
    Be willing to feel uncomfortable for a second and risk it. It can be a bit scary at first, but fear is the only thing that holds us(humans) back from getting the things we want the most. Usually its never as bad as it seems.

6. Bibliophile

You have approach anxiety from the sounds of it. Only way to get over it is to FORCE yourself to approach and bomb and then do it again, and again, and then again. Till you see that the worst that happens is you feel a little silly and you move on. As I said in another post a person that doesn't know you cant reject you, only your approach.

7. TheJoker

Self-respect and outgoing often.