1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after all this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Mar 9, 2011.

1. confused102188

I blew the doors off my closet about 6 months ago. I went from straight boy with a girlfriend to completely out gay guy! I am happier because of it but sometimes I just feel overwhelmed! I only have straight friends and I think this may be part of it. I feel like I need more gay friends but I'm just not sure where to find them. I live in a big enough city but I just dont know where to go!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple suggestions.

1. Most larger cities have a "gay section" of town. Where there's gay bookstores, gay coffeehouses, gay bars, things like that. Try swinging by there, looking into a few places, and strike up a conversation or two.

2. Most larger cities tend to have "gay activities". Gay biking clubs, or gay bowling leagues, or what have you. You might pick up the gay weekly newspaper (which your city probably has) and see if anything's listed in there. Or do a Google search for "gay (your city) (activity)". See what you come up with.

Lex

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

First of all, CONGRATZ ON COMING OUT! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I agree with Lexington's suggestion, you should go to any gay areas in your city and hang around there or maybe your friends might also know a few friends they might be able to introduce you to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wish you all the best on this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: